Driftmoon - Improved Minimaps

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Instant Kingdom kicks off the New Year with a Driftmoon post about improved minimaps:
The minimaps in Driftmoon are very useful, but up until now they've been a bit on the blurry side. Since I wanted to re-render all of the game's minimaps before release, I decided that now is a good time to see what I can do about increasing map details.
At first I thought about using a bigger texture, going from size 1024 to 2048, but then I realized something. Most of our minimaps have quite a bit of black in them, because the available world size is much bigger than what is actually used by the map. So why not use that black space to improve precision? Here's a comparison. Quite a bit more detail in it, right?
More information.

Haven't really followed this one for a while now - are they getting close to release? Release date on the webpage says "2012" :)

You will be pleased to hear that the latest beta available already contains the full game, playable to the end! :) We're still tweaking a couple of small details and fixing typos, there are so many bookfuls of text in the game that a good proofread is in order.

Back
Top Bottom