UFO: Extraterrestrials - Now Available

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Matrix Games has announced the DD version UFO: ET is now available from the Matrix Store (approx 1.8Gb), with the retail version following on May 21st:
Matrix Games,Tri Synergy (www.trisynergy.com) and Chaos Concept (www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com) are proud to announce the digital download release of UFO: Extraterrestrials in North America! Years of dedicated development and the excitement of fans across the world will now combine to elevate UFO: Extraterrestrials to critical and gamer acclaim it has been anticipated to reach.
UFO: Extraterrestrials has already been warmly received by Gamepro.com who gave the game 4.25 out of 5 and proclaimed that UFO: Extraterrestrials brings “a damn fine gaming experience.” The Wargamer’s recent preview also confidently declared that veterans of previous titles in the genre will no doubt be pleased with UFO: Extraterrestrials: “So X-COM fans rejoice! If you are a fan of the original series you won't be disappointed.”
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The excitement surrounding UFO: Extraterrestrials has reached a fever pitch over past few months. We’re truly thrilled that gamers will now get to set their laser sights on this fantastic real-time/turn-based strategy blend. We’re confident that the game’s quality, playability, and addicting gameplay will show gamers that UFO: Extraterrestrials has been well worth the wait.”
UFO: Extraterrestrials is set in 2025 on the newly colonized planet Esperanza, where mankind’s foray into outer space has a meeting with alien life. However, these extraterrestrials aren’t just interested in contact; they’re out for blood and riches. In defense of their fledgling outer space outpost, the player is summoned by the Esperanza government to face this threat from deep space. The player will have at their disposal squads of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in bases throughout the Esperanza. In addition, UFO: Extraterrestrials combines global strategy with small, squad-based tactical combat against an alien invasion. To repel the alien invasion the player must take full advantage of the terrain and his surrounding environments.
Get more information on UFO: Extraterrestrials from its official Matrix Games webpage and be sure to check out the fresh new screenshots and gameplay video!
UFO: Extraterrestrials will be available from Matrix Games and Tri Synergy. The North American retail release will be available the week of May 21st at EB Games and GameStop stores. Check the Tri Synergy website for more information and other available retail stores.
More information.

I think it is pretty much impossible to improve upon the original XCOM. I am playing through it again at the moment and it really is the perfect game.

Started to Play XCOM the original too in anticipation of this release. And i must concurr with Bjon045. They did alot of things right the first time. This incarnation is however the best one yet.

This version of exterrestrials do much of what xcom did and does it quite well. Altough, i have only begun my playtime, i am not put off with it. Me like it so far.

It isn't XCOM. Thats for sure, but its pretty darn close.

well its here after long last. I haven't been tripping over myself to get this game but I'll have a run at it tonight.

after all..the hockey season is over.

Back
Top Bottom