What did Santa bring you?

Into S&M Jaz ? :D
No, but Brother Kane sees a strong connection between liking studded leather and BDSM. And that from a guy who used to be a Metalhead, Goth, Punk and Redskin (in this exact order) ^^.

A bunch of stuff including Mass Effect 2 for 360 and SMT: Strange Journey, a wallet, sweater, some DVDs, etc...

But none of it matters... what I really wanted and got: Genesis 1970-1975 box set!!!! The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in glorious 5.1 surround sound!!!! I'm in sonic heaven!!!!!

Ravenloft D&D board game,

Is the game any good? I've read about it over at boardgamegeek and watched the video review for it from Board to Death. The overall review was that it was an okay game for beginners to the genre, but more advanced players will find it lacking. Plus, it's brutal. The cards are stacked against you. This might be ok if you are overpowered, but I don't believe you are. There are very few healing options and some monsters still hit you even when they miss.

In any event here is the review.

Here are some simple rule changes that (from what the people say in the forums) will improve the game immensely. Also a bunch of user created stuff for the game: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/59113/item/1414164

Files: http://boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/59946

I was really thinking of ordering this one because it reminded me a lot of Advanced HeroQuest. Plus, it has solo play in it which is essential over here :D

_________

What I got for Christmas:

Xbox 360 plus 2000+ games
for it. I'm not sure how they are going to do that, but my mom bought it from Harrahs with her reward points from gambling and it was advertised that it came with 2000+ games. I'm skeptical on just how many of these games will be any good.

Kinect: Bought this myself to go with the Xbox.

Tons of games because of all the "daily deals"

Red Dead Redemption: GTA in the old west. Can't go wrong with that combo.
Dance Central: Reviews for it were too good so I asked for it if I was getting the Kinect. Sarah decided she wants to see if I can improve my dance skills so she got it.
Pirates!: Just as much fun as the original
Bloodbowl Legendary Edition: Same game, but with more skills and more teams.
Monkey Island Chapters 1 - 5: Bought this for my mom and bought one for myself.
Mount & Blade Warband: Haven't played it yet.
Star Sentinal Tactics: Haven't played too much of it yet. Reminds me of Xcom.

A few others that I can't recall right now, but those are the major ones. That right there is enough for quite awhile.

Last edited:
A boatload of snow. Which is why I am still in Dallas, and my poor dog is going to be stuck at the boarder for another 5 days!

Wow, now a baby boy, that's something really special :D. Congrats!

Xbox 360 plus 2000+ games for it. I'm not sure how they are going to do that, but my mom bought it from Harrahs with her reward points from gambling and it was advertised that it came with 2000+ games. I'm skeptical on just how many of these games will be any good.
That sounds incredibly strange, especially seeing as there's only about 800 titles for the console (Not including Live Arcade, Xbox games and Kinect-only games).

A baby boy!
He was born on the 19th. No presents for us this year so next year will be a big one.

Congratulations. My Nephew was born right on Christmas day a year ago. He will be mad later on because of not getting separate presents for Birthaday :)

A new tea cup. Actually, it is a Glühwein-cup. And a beautiful one at that. :)

My sister got a … what's the word ? A "Frühstücksbrettchen" from me - on which the map of the inner parts of Cologne is printed on … She lives there, that's why. ;)

A baby boy!
He was born on the 19th. No presents for us this year so next year will be a big one.
Congrats! 10 fingers, 10 toes, and Momma on the mend?

Congrats pox67! Those are the best presents of all. Hope he starts letting you sleep soon. They always seem to want to eat. :sleep::sleep: hehe

Som organic kandy, chocolates, coffee and tea. Sauna sheep with eukalyptus drops and design glassware.

For myself I bought Palit GTX580. I was really on border with that but really happy that I did buy it. Its just as silent as my old card yet fast enough to run anything. Old 280 gets its well deserved retirement.

Wow, now a baby boy, that's something really special :D. Congrats!

Congratulations. My Nephew was born right on Christmas day a year ago. He will be mad later on because of not getting separate presents for Birthaday :)

Congrats! 10 fingers, 10 toes, and Momma on the mend?

Congrats pox67! Those are the best presents of all. Hope he starts letting you sleep soon. They always seem to want to eat. :sleep::sleep: hehe

Thanks!

Both mum and bub are doing really well. He has gained weight, breast feeds well, sleeps well and we haven't had a proper crying fit yet. Apparently this is all amazing and can change anytime but we are very happy so far :)

He is named Cailen John, I had forgotten there was a character in DA called Cailan and I have been asked if that is where the name came from but it isn't. The name came from a list of Celtic names, it means child.

That sounds incredibly strange, especially seeing as there's only about 800 titles for the console (Not including Live Arcade, Xbox games and Kinect-only games).

Nevermind, seems there was a mistake. Not 2,360 games, but 2……360 games. When she mentioned it I thought maybe Xbox had those throw away 1000+ games in one title games. They used to be at the stores advertising 100+ or 1000+ games in one box. The worst games you've ever seen in one box, but hey it's 1000+

The great gift wrap up http://www.greatgiftwrapup.com/greatgiftwrapup/detail.htm?pid=203488090&c=

Ah, that makes more sense. I don't think the 360's got any of those 1k/100 game collections (Could be wrong), but it has gone some collections like the Sega ones.

Enjoy it! :)

Back
Top Bottom