bioshock tops 1.5 in 3 weeks

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq
Last edited:
They are talking franchise' ... which means the game will suck in a year or two like pretty much every other franchise ...

geez... played some bad (painful) games lately mike;)

they actually talk about how they would like to have one come out every three years. personally i wouldn't mind sequels, though they might be inferior. i would like to see them expand the bioshock 'universe' to include an open ended rpg (not mmo). i'm sure ea are already scratching their pea brains and seeing if they can come out with system shock 3 before bioshock 2 others they stand to gain far less from the success of bioshock.

Keep in mind that the 1.5 million is units "shipped". Current estimates for actual units bought is around 600,000.

I suppose one up-shot of the online registration is that 2K actually knows how many units have been installed (at least on PC side, I'm not sure what insight they'd have on the 360 side). That's the sort of info that takes weeks to get back to the publisher, months for the devs to find out, and usually never to us lowly common folk.

Keep in mind that the 1.5 million is units "shipped". Current estimates for actual units bought is around 600,000.
Haha ... they learned from Sony, who pumped the shipments up to appear to compete with Nintendo on the DS and then had to switch to avoid having to say that they shipped 10,000 units during the last quarter of 2006, including the Christmas holiday!

Back
Top Bottom