Eador: Master of the Broken World - Patch 1.0.9 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
SnowBirdGames released another update for Eador: Masters of the Broken World. The game has its share of issues, but gradually the developers are solving them.
A new update 1.0.9 will be available in a few hours.
Here’s the change list:

• Added Polish localization.
  • Optimization of AI’s turn calculation.
  • Added item sets.
  • Coefficient for transfer of karma and relations with other Masters is increased.
  • Added intro video for Russian and English versions of the game (Steam only temporally).
  • AI logic for hiring and removal of units has been reworked.
  • AI logic for buildings construction priority has been improved.
Fixed:

• Game freeze caused by using the ‘Astral Gates’ ritual.
  • Game freeze caused by ordering a unit to shoot while his previous animation was still playing.
  • Game crash caused by bandits attack during province exploring.
  • Game freeze caused by an attempt to capture an already lost province with an allied race.
  • Game crash caused by an attempt to see detailed information about a unit.
More information.

I'm waiting for them to fix "random events". It happened to me twice already that, in early part of the game, some of the most important provinces ( 2 in one game and 3 in another) rebelled because I didn't have 200 gold to pay to keep them happy. Something like this should be less likely to happen in the early stages than later in the game.

I'm waiting for them to fix "random events". It happened to me twice already that, in early part of the game, some of the most important provinces ( 2 in one game and 3 in another) rebelled because I didn't have 200 gold to pay to keep them happy. Something like this should be less likely to happen in the early stages than later in the game.

not sure that's something to fix. Did you put guards on them? They slow down their 'anger' usually enough until you can put buildings, and if they do revolt, usually they just kill some of the guards but lose. At least in my games.

Am I missing something? The only way of placing guards in a province (that I know of) requires an Outpost or Practice Hall. Both are expensive and you need to build another stuff first. Next to impossible in an early game IMO.

Am I missing something? The only way of placing guards in a province (that I know of) requires an Outpost or Practice Hall. Both are expensive and you need to build another stuff first. Next to impossible in an early game IMO.

When you capture a province you always have the choice to hire a guard which doesn't require a building of any type just some gold and it's a pretty low amount around 30 gold I believe.

You can put gaurds in any province you take as long as you have the ability to make them in your main city.

The game is hardly broken.

I guess you're ignoring the first army type. Some army units also allow you to place garrisons, and the cheapest unit does this (it's the weakest, but it's almost mandatory so you can place garrisons)

Indeed. If the option is to build bases for only 4 unit types (not a best of ideas BTW) I'd rather have pikemen and crossbows than militia and slings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom