Venetica - Video Preview

Hmm the art style got my attention right away in a good way...at first I thought it was a mix between gothic and a jrpg for style but then |I definately got that disney feel.

Looks pretty good. However, she runs like someone stuck a broom stick up her ass very stiff looking upper body with the legs moving...I know its minor but funny as hell.

I never let that stuff stand in my way anymore ... do we have any word of an English release (i.e. NA)

Its supposed October.
Which will be very cramped with games like Risen, Alpha Protocol and Dragon Age.
I'm only getting Risen that month so I'll be fine in getting Venetica.

I can't say that I care for the art style at all... it looks like someone tried to Combine Gothic with Disney.

Then you haven't played Ankh.

Because it's *exactly* the same art style.

It has become kind of their trademaek.

That's why I became interested in the first place.

I think their comic graphics looks better now. Maybe because they have a bigger budget.

Either dtp announces international partners for Divinity 2 or Venetica at or around the GC or the games won't come out before February. Of course they're saying the games are coming soon, but maybe only to keep the audience interested.

I never let that stuff stand in my way anymore ... do we have any word of an English release (i.e. NA)

I think their comic graphics looks better now. Maybe because they have a bigger budget.

Either dtp announces international partners for Divinity 2 or Venetica at or around the GC or the games won't come out before February. Of course they're saying the games are coming soon, but maybe only to keep the audience interested.

I think they'll be announced at GC.
If they're not the community will go wild and crazy.
Knowing me I will get involved and not regret it:lol:

I like that this has a different art style the most games since I like having a variety of different styled games. I also like that this is set in Venice which makes this game have a fairly unique setting compared to most rpgs.

I like that this has a different art style the most games since I like having a variety of different styled games. I also like that this is set in Venice which makes this game have a fairly unique setting compared to most rpgs.

Venice looks beautiful in this game.
You can also go to Africa.

Ankh looks a bit more cartoonish imo, but it's hard to compare a point and click adventure game to a 3rd person RPG. Well I hope it turns out good for you anyways, it's just not my style. :)

To me, wow looks cartoonish, and Warcraft 3, too. That's why I don't play both.

The art direction of Ankh is "cartoonish" in a general sense as well, but imho into a completely different art direction.

It's difficult to describe. It's as if I'd call both Magritte and Miró surrealistic.

Same as most here I barely knew this existed but this video grabbed my attention.
I'm prefer Dark'n'Grity™ but this looks like a nice change.
But can anyone explain me why are everyone releasing games on September-October?

But can anyone explain me why are everyone releasing games on September-October?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well. It seems like it would be a questionable marketing decision to go up against all that competition.

Sucks for us though...

Because 80% of the yearly business is made in Q4.

This year is not as crowded as usual though. The big publishers are moving many AAA games into the next year because they're afraid of the economic situation.

Venetica is a cRPG that I'm not looking forward to. It looks like action game, has too colorful graphic for me (though I liked some cRPGs with colorful graphic, it depends if atmosphere will be good enough, like in Jade Empire for example)... well, I'm not saying it's going to be bad game, I'm neutral to it. I might get interested but after release.

WoW is very cartoonish, but I don't play MMORPGs anyways. Not sure where you would get Warcraft 3 being cartoonish though....

I have recently installed and tried to play it.

The look of the characters is very similar to what I know from wow, only that wow is mmore recent, more up-to-date, and uses better graphics.

But the style is the same.

As far as I know there is no publisher known outside of Germany for Venetica. No publisher, no game. The September release of Venetica is only for the German market.

As far as I know there is no publisher known outside of Germany for Venetica. No publisher, no game. The September release of Venetica is only for the German market.

Yep ... I have gone and asked the English forum manager as well.

I have recently installed and tried to play it.

The look of the characters is very similar to what I know from wow, only that wow is mmore recent, more up-to-date, and uses better graphics.

But the style is the same.

Regardless, it's not "cartoonish", unless you're just refering to the character portraits.

Same as most here I barely knew this existed but this video grabbed my attention.
I'm prefer Dark'n'Grity™ but this looks like a nice change.

Yes, of course...

It all happens to be part of the evil conspiracy to get gamers all over the world to give all their money away to games....so that the Blight can take over the world..

Oh, wait, that's the nightmare I had last night... :D

The reason a release in late September through late October, and possibly early November is:

Christmas Sales....

Many devs. and publishers hope that a lot of people will buy the game for Christmas, either for themselves or for someone else. Way back 5 or 10 years ago, this might have been so. Today, all games coming out at the same time might just be eating at each other markets, I find.

Back
Top Bottom