Vista-only DX10 a mistake

Episodic content is simply a method for developers and/or pubishers to milk more money out of consumers by taking their product and dividing it into smaller parts, and then charging more per hour of gameplay than they would if the entire game were a $40 or $50 package. If you can take a 12 hour game and divide it up into four parts and sell each part for $20, you make $80 on the game, versus selling it for $40 or $50 as a whole. The sooner this shitty business model dies, the better off we'll all be.

The sooner this shitty business model dies, the better off we'll all be.
Have you actually *played* Sam & Max, because with regards to them you're talkin' out your butt. You could buy the whole season for $35 in advance, or $9 each with discounts for then converting to a full season ... and now the boxed version is just $30.

When applied to the (canned) SiN Episode and Half-Life 2 Episodes ... I agree. That isn't episodic content but spoon-fed greed.

Have you actually *played* Sam & Max, because with regards to them you're talkin' out your butt. You could buy the whole season for $35 in advance, or $9 each with discounts for then converting to a full season ... and now the boxed version is just $30

I thought that Gametap subscribers got those episodes for free (?)

It seems to me with episodes you lose some economies of scale. Especially when there are boxed versions that sell for $20 or less. Television has episodes because it's relatively easy to produce one hour of content per week (not every few months), and because people's attention spans usually won't facilitate a TV show that lasts longer than an hour. Video games are different. The episodic format simply doesn't fit.

Well a bit OT but is that new Sam & Max as good as the original game?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom