Fallout 2 - Restoration Project Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
After two years work, Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project has been released at NMA. Here's part of the announcement and part of the notes covering the new areas restored head over for all the changes to the existing locations:
The day of release has finally come. It has taken me about almost 2 years to get this complete and yet I still believe I can find stuff to add. The purpose of this mod is to add back into the game all the content that was originally planned by the Fallout 2 devs. You will find about 6 new locations (some quite large, other smaller) as well as a few new areas to old locations. In addition, almost every town in the game has new content whether it is new characters, quests, or items. Playing this will definitely be a new experience. Completion of this expansion would also not have been possible without several individuals who I thank in the readme of this mod. Big thanks to all of you! [...]
Version 1.0 includes:

New Locations:
-------------------
• EPA
• Primitive Tribe
• Abbey
• Vault Village
• Slaver's Camp
• Hubologist Stash
• Den Residential Area
• Enclave Vertibird Landing Pad
• Ranger Safe Houses

New Karma title:
---------------------
• New title given at the start of the game. Can be lost depending on the choices you make.
The file is 26Mb for the full installer and grab the link from the NMA post.
More information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is great, gratz and thanks for all the hard work. :)

That is just so great ! My annual Fallout play through will have some surprises this time.

Just fired it up and trekked to Klamath. There was already something new in it.

Got a CTD when doing the flint for the bridgekeeper quest though. :(

Apparently the mod includes the unofficial patch, so that ain't it.

Yes, but I don`t want to play the initial v1.0 release of the mod. It has tons of bugs for sure. On the other side, the unofficial patch is much more stable and debugged.:)

Yeah, well... I'm in Klamath, and gack, the early game is as god-awful as the first time. If I didn't know that it picks up big time once I've waded through that endless multitude of rats and geckos, I would quit now.

I think I've got to get the Fallout series, finally.
Although I normally don't like such rather gloomy games.

I assume this only works when one has the full game already installed, correct? I'm sure I can find the discs buried somewhere in my house, but ...

Will Fallout 2 even work in vista?

Running it on Vista x64. Getting occasional CTD's that appear to be related to scripting (some are repeatable); I don't know if this is due to the RP or the game itself.

I played the original Fallout on Vista; worked fine apart from an occasional graphics glitch that blacked out the screen but could be worked around (bring up Pip-Boy, the character sheet, or anything else that forces a redraw).

I have to say that FO2 on Vista at least with the RP is just wobbly enough that I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth the effort -- so far, the CTD's have been in minor side quests, but statistics would say that the odds are there will be a game-breaking one in there somewhere. Especially with those #!%£$!! geckos. And rats.

I have no problem running Fallout 2 on Vista and have played it with other mods and am now playing it with this mod.

Replayed it recently on XP 64 and I remember my son had to do some fiddling with the settings to get it to run properly on the 64 architecture. Perhaps that's the problem PJ, rather than Vista. It could just be 32 vs 64 issues, of which I've had plenty!!

64 v 32

Replayed it recently on XP 64 and I remember my son had to do some fiddling with the settings to get it to run properly on the 64 architecture. Perhaps that's the problem PJ, rather than Vista. It could just be 32 vs 64 issues, of which I've had plenty!!

OT

Yeah... I constantly try to talk people out of getting the 64 bit version of vista and xp when they don't have any particular reason to use it. Almost always "My friend/husband/boyfriend/etc. said to get it since I've got a 64 bit processor and they're a programmer so they know what they're talking about" is the response. Amazing how many of them are shocked they can't return the OS when they discover that say... Maple 11 or whatever other software they need for work or class won't work correctly on it. They'll even act like they weren't warned at length about it.

Anyway, this mod looks really cool. I'll have to pull out my fallout 2 disc and fire it up. Hopefully the new content outweighs the bug related frustration.

It was even funnier when AMD convinced people how important 64bit processing was years before there was a publicly available OS or software. :p

Yes, I am trying to get games on the hard drive finished so I can give it a try. :)

I do have to admit though, that the 64 bit version of XP is incredibly stable!!

Back
Top Bottom