Hard to be a God - Demo Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wow that game has a ton of potential. The english ini edit is very simple and the game is very playable. The only russian text is the setup program itself which you should be able to stumble through without a problem. The english text is a 100% replacement including dialog. The graphics are very nice and I like the mood, the music and most of all the WASD control. The mounted combat was pretty cool!

The only problem I was having was inventory related. Things were vanishing. I also could not figure out how to add arrows from chests or even when looting bandit bodies. The +/- gui didnt seem to work??? Anyone figure it out?

Again very impressive so far.

there's a tiny scroll button in your inventory so things may not have vanished. also one of the buttons on the inventory screen autoarranges. in the loot screen if you hit the button on the left it should net you all items. if you are trying to equip the arrows i think you have to have the bow equiped first. ie you can't have stuff in a quiver while wielding a melee weapon unlike other games. speaking of inventory one feature i liked in the game was outfits. its about as far as i got in the demo so far but one quest allows you to equip a thiefs outfit in the game to try a "diplomatic" approach. it seems like there are going to be lots of options in the game to wear different outfits and have others respond to you accordingly. i had all my thief gear on but forgot to switch pants and the theives attacked me. i swaped them out and the theives turned green but they weren't buying it and kept wailing. its nice to see you have to be out of sight for the trickery to work!

This game is held back by a crappy camera view imo, it would be so much better if it was in 3rd person view. The problem I have is that when you're zoomed in all the way you have a very limited view of your surroundings, but when you zoom out then the characters become too distant and it starts getting that Diablo look.

give it a couple of days and go back to it JDR13. the camera pissed me off to no end as well when i first gave it a go, and i agree that it would be alot better with more options, even if it's just a freelook or something similar. when i went back to it the camera bothered me much less, though all the vegetation makes it tricky to navigate at times. i stopped the other day because i worked myself into a hole where i was without plants or potions to eat--difficulty is a good think though, so at some point soon i'll be going back to it.

I think it looks quite promising. I hadnt heard of it yet, but now I surely look forward to it.

Turns out my inventory bugs are not scrolling related. The stuff disappears until I touch my equipped weapon and then it reappears. Weird. For looting I have to hit "take all". Otherwise the game appears to be bug free. Pretty fun.

Back
Top Bottom