The "I Just Bought" thread

This one: York C301 Diamond which is not a piece of jewelry. It's an excersise bike.

My old bike was showing it's age, the major problem was significant resistance variations. And since I used it every day, I decided to upgrade. I'm very happy with the new one, it's very stable, very comfortable, with lots of programs and functions I haven't tried yet. And I can use it for exercise as well.

Others seem to like it too.

BTW: Like JemyM, I too switched from Mx518 to the G500.

Normally I buy the oldies to play them, but in this case it's just for my collection.
I own other copies of U2 that I could play on PC (for example from the Ultima Collection CD).

It's true that if I open the shrinkwrap then the value will go down somewhat, but I might end up doing so anyway just to fiddle around with the manual, cloth map etc. Buying this stuff is silly to begin with, but I guess I'm not the first guy to collect silly stuff :)

I have rare unopened (still in factory wrappings) games from the 90s and its always a bit hard to open them. But games are meant for playing not worshipping.

As for ultima I have the the ultima collection, three copies of underworld and two of underworld 2 plus savage empires. And two boxes full of ultima maps, books and manuals (including multiple copies of single items). Very much a mixed bag but I just wanted the documentation not the boxes (excluding ultima collection one) so Im happy with it.

I have more or less finished akalabeth and two first ultimas. Currently playing the third one. Not sure how far Ill plan to go in it. Ultima4 is where the real deal starts.

This one: York C301 Diamond which is not a piece of jewelry. It's an excersise bike.

My old bike was showing it's age, the major problem was significant resistance variations. And since I used it every day, I decided to upgrade. I'm very happy with the new one, it's very stable, very comfortable, with lots of programs and functions I haven't tried yet. And I can use it for exercise as well.

Others seem to like it too.

BTW: Like JemyM, I too switched from Mx518 to the G500.

Do you guys know is it possible to ride a bike to work for example? it saves both time and money… and gives fresh air….. that is of course assuming that you don't have to ride a long the motorway or some such.

It partly depends on the streets, too. Cardrivers not used to the sight of travelling bicycle riders might be somewhat rude in their driving behaviours - sometimes even without knowing, especially if they haven't learned it the other way.

Plus, in darkness it can be really dangerous - depending on the road - without proper lamps on the bike.

My absolute dream in terms if bicycling are het Nederlande. Dutch streets and roads are so much better equipped for bikes than everything here ...

Do you guys know is it possible to ride a bike to work for example? it saves both time and money… and gives fresh air….. that is of course assuming that you don't have to ride a long the motorway or some such.

I use an indoor exercise bike as well. The thing is, I use it to *really* exercise myself - you know, giving it all I got for an hour or so. So afterwards I'm more than a little sweaty. There are several reasons why it would be impractical if I just rode my bike to work. Going through a city, not wanting to shower at work etc. Not to mention all the snow that's currently lying around in Denmark :)

I like riding a real bike outside as well, but it's something different.

But games are meant for playing not worshipping.

So true :)

I can understand many of the things that collectors are typically looking for. Undamaged box: check, complete in terms of manuals etc: check, cloth maps and extras: check. But shrinkwrapped??? That's not something I value that much.

I recently bought a quite rare copy of Albion. It was shrinkwrapped, which made it even rarer. But since I wanted to play it, I ended up just opening it. I guess some collectors would be pulling their hair reading this :)

Anyway, nice to see a fellow Ultima fan / collector. If you can stomach playing the very early Ultimas then you should be in for a real treat with U4 and, in my opinion, especially U5.

I use an indoor exercise bike as well. The thing is, I use it to *really* exercise myself - you know, giving it all I got for an hour or so. So afterwards I'm more than a little sweaty. There are several reasons why it would be impractical if I just rode my bike to work. Going through a city, not wanting to shower at work etc. Not to mention all the snow that's currently lying around in Denmark :)

I like riding a real bike outside as well, but it's something different.
When riding a bike you have to be somwhat picky what you wear so you dont get sweaty. And in winter its downright dangerous. I have a steel hand because of it ;). I have very good leg muscles because I ride to work all year round so it does have its positive sides. I find jogging outdoors a better overall excercise though if I really want to sweat myself.

It would take me more than an hour to travel by bike to work. Each way. Additionally, part of the stretch is narrow and with heavy trafiic. So I don't consider that as a regular option (I have done it a couple of times).

I will eventually start running again. I need to loose a few more kilos before I'll do that, and then I can't run more than 3-4 times a week. So I'll probably combine in-door cycling and running.

This bike works very well for me. I'm highly motivated and I use it daily, and like Kaspar at high intensity (some variation from day to day, guided by my heart rate).

I don't find it that costly - I paid 3000 NOK (around 500 USD) for it - far less than a gaming PC would cost me. And I'll probably have worn out several PC's before I'll need a new ergometer bike again.

Last edited:
Well, I guess each of you have somewhat valid options…… But you can also ride a bike to for example the store or other places if you don't want to ride it to work… you can also really exhaust yourself running a bike outside it all depends on what speed you run at. Most people have a toilet with a shower at their work place which can solve sweat problems... at least in sweden that is....

I actually always laugh at people who run excersice bikes and or running machines… especially in the US where they take the car to go to the gym and get on the escalator to go to the running machine :D

Running or Biking outside is better…. however I have found a valid exception which I can't really compete with. If you live in a really large city.. especially in asia… there is no good place to run nor ride a bike ( at least not without being gassed to death )…… so for those situations… well I had to give up… and admit there are situation where these kind of machines are useful.

I just walk a lot and lift weights :)

Then again, I love nature and live close to a huge forest - so it's no big deal for me. It's good for the dog also, and for some reason my GF loves to walk with me.

I'm pretty set in that way, I suppose.

No way I'm gonna run outside when it's freezing cold. Besides, in the winter I am less motivated, depressed even. But I'm not going to run 5-10km outside with -10 below 0 Celsius on a slippery ice road in the dark!

I actually always laugh at people who run excersice bikes and or running machines… especially in the US where they take the car to go to the gym and get on the escalator to go to the running machine :D

Laugh as much as you want. What's important is that this works for me, and has helped me lose weight (which I needed) and improved my condition. (And FWIW: I also walk from work to the railway station, which takes around 30 minutes).

And as I said, a few more .. eh .. less kilograms and I'll start running again as well.

Bought the official Drakensang 1 solution/clue book through Amazon Germany …

BEWARE !!! They have it TWO TIMES in their catalogue ! :

1. WITH shipping costs in the GAMES category
2. WITHOUT shipping costs in the BOOKS category …

And they seem to charge the shipping by from which category you order from …

But they write in BOTH categories "ordered by [my customer name there]" afterwards …

Amazon, the multiple personality …

Not new but almost new N8. Xenon flash and best cameraphone on market.

185800_1731361958472_1071205164_1861810_1388754_n.jpg

180463_1731362398483_1071205164_1861811_2117517_n.jpg

185993_1731361398458_1071205164_1861809_7048698_n.jpg

Homeworld GOTY for $12!

Yes, I know, big deal. But I have been looking for years for a copy with all the printed goodies. This baby is rare, unless you want shell out as much as $100! After losing out on a few auctions, I guess I got lucky (or the market tired out). ;)

I just picked up an original cd copy of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny for $4 from a local second hand store. Am mightily chuffed with that, as I've read much about the series. :)

I think I bought the entire series from GoG for about that amount last year!! :)

I'm not really into the digital downloads phenomenon but I do remember when they became available on GOG. That's a nice score for the whole series.

Back
Top Bottom