The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The Devil's Details is a clone of Bastion of Power. You have to enter a devil fortress where you will make your way to the top. On the way you need to look for different levers to open doors and fight the usual trash like Abishai. Not very difficult since the trash don't respawn and groups are manageable.

You also learn about the plans of the main enemy in this chain, Arraetrikos. You won't fight him, but one of his commanders.

In the end fight at the top you will fight an Erinyes. She is not very hard to kill, but she can make herself invisible and she can fly. So if you get her aggro you never lose it, even when dead. :) Better let a tank like toon get her aggro. Some trash spawn when she is down to certain hp levels. Mostly abishai.

Loot from this quest:
Armbands of the Silenced Ones (Bracers): Dexterity +11, Dodge +11%, Insightful Dexterity +3, Reflex Save +2, Green Augment Slot

Epic Divine Artillery (Great Crossbow, 5.5[2d8]): +12 Enhancement Bonus, Deception IX, Eldritch VI, Sovereign Vorpal, Stealth Strike, Orange Augment Slot

Epic Riftmaker (Greataxe 5[1d12]): +12 Enhancement Bonus, Superior Force Burst, Improved Banishing, Bloodletter VII, Melee Power +6, Orange Augment Slot

Dawnbringer (Shuriken 5.5W): +5 Enhancement Bonus, Sovereign Vorpal, Deadly IX, Bloodletter VII, Ranged Power +6, Orange Augment Slot

Epic Shield of Tireless Aid (Large Shield): Spellcasting Implement +36, +12 Enhancement Bonus, Devotion +150, Healing Amplification: +20 Equipment Bonus, Healers Bounty, Improved Demonic Shield, Green Augment Slot

Hide of the Fallen (Cloak): Druidic Survival Mastery, Shield +6, Armor-Piercing - 20%, Strength +11, Blue Augment Slot

When you have completed The Archon's Trial, Demon Assault and The Devil's Details you're flagged for the raid.

Defiler of the Just takes you to a Devil fortress where you will have to fight another of Arraetrikos'es commanders in the end fight.

Before you get there you have to go though a series of quite agonizing parts of the quest.

The first starts with a room full of blades. At the other side is a locked door that won't spawn a fight until everybody is at the door. Then you get ambushed. Only when the ambushers are dead will the door open. So you will be fighting mobs while having to dodge blades at the same time. Just like Shroud part 4.

When you enter the door you come to a big room with a platform in the middle. North and south of the platforms are portals where devils and abishai can spawn from. To make this quest really agonizing you have to protect archons that fight above you. From time to time they fall from the sky and you need to make sure they don't get killed. You fail the quest if 5 archons get killed.

When an archon falls from the sky 4 abishai executioners will spawn somewhere in the area. You have 1 minute to kill all of these. At the same time devil reinforcements will spawn at the portal (random north or south). It's usually 5 commanders plus so trash.

Another agonizing side of this quest is that if you have 15 or more devil commanders in the area at the same time you fail the quest. So you need to constantly be on the look for reinforcements and quickly kill them.

To make matters worse you get lag every time you get reinforcements. This makes the raid almost unplayable. It's timed regarding the executioners and with lag you just don't have time to kill the all before an archon dies.

With lag you can also expect the next archon to fall before you've cleared all the devil commanders and trash. That means the number increases by another 5. So you work hard to keep the number below 15.

In the last 2 waves you get it even tougher. Instead of 5 commanders spawning you get 10 (5 in each portal). Very easy to wipe here. You need all firepower you can to get the commanders, but if you forget about the executioners you wipe because of them killing the archons. So you need a bit of luck to get past these waves.

When you get past this phase the door opens to the end fight where Arraetrikos'es commander is waiting. She is an devil of some type, maybe a succubus. First you need to fight her worm and then you can hack at her.

If you believed the portals phase was hard then this phase is even worse. You have to kill her very fast or she will release a meteor swarm like effect similar to the airship guns in epic Three Barrel Cove. You see the crosshair on the ground and boom the entire party wipes. Very frustrating. So you need very high dps to get her down fast enough. The only way to beat the quest if you get targeted by her meteor swarm is for someone to have Jibber's blade to resurrect. Then you need to quickly get the others revived to kill her before the next meteor swarm.

What makes this quest so hard besides the frustrating mechanisms is that it's very laggy. If you enter with a full group or almost full group you get instant lag even before you get to the portals. Therefore you have to enter the quest with max 8 people. 6 is optimal to avoid lag caused by the characters. Still, you get lag spikes when the reinforcements arrive, but these disappear once the trash is down.

So the raid is designed to not be short manned. You need all 12 people to have a fair chance surviving the protection part and killing the end boss fast enough. But lag makes it impossible to have 12 people in the group. You have to go with 6-7. That means dps becomes a problem and you wipe because you fail. No wonder why most DDO players are really angry at Turbine for the mess the made of this raid.

If you are resilient enough to actually try 5-6 times to be lucky enough for completion you can get some nice loot, though:

Belt of Braided Beards (Belt): Teleport, Intelligence +12, Spell Resistance (35), Lesser Displacement, Acid Resistance +40, Cold Resistance +40, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Boots of Blessed Travels (Boots): Dodge +12%, Quality Armor Mastery +2, Speed XV, Freedom of Movement, Insightful Reflex Save +3, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Countenance (Cloak): Charisma +12, Evocation Focus V, Radiance Lore X, Spell Penetration VI, Yellow Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Dissolution (Bracers): Corrosion +156, Acid Lore X, Acid Absorption 30%, Conjuration Focus V, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Fellblade (Longsword 5.50[1d8], 18-20/x2, Unbound): +13 Enhancement Bonus, Improved Banishing, Sovereign Vorpal, Axiomatic X, Armor-Piercing - 20%, Doublestrike 15%, Red Augment Slot, Orange Augment Slot

Gauntlets of the Arcane Soldier (Gloves): Quality Spell Focus I, Arcane Augmentation IX, Spellcraft +20, Wizardry XI, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Many-Hooked Greaves (Boots): Insightful Combat Mastery +5, Strength +12, Vertigo +12, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Memoriam (Trinket): Good Luck +4, Healing Amplification: +75 Competence Bonus, Insightful Fortitude Save +3, Quality Reflex Save +2, Green Augment Slot, Yellow Augment Slot

Resonation (Necklace): Magical Resistance: +4 Quality, Quality Will Save +2, Inherent Elemental Resistance - 15, Sounding, Green Augment Slot, Blue Augment Slot

Sightless (Helmet): True Seeing, Deathblock VII, Ranged Power +6, Melee Power +6, Sheltering +35, Constitution +12, Green Augment Slot, Blue Augment Slot

Strange Tidings (Ring): Dexterity +12, Deception VIII, Use Magical Device +7, Diversion 20%, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Ultimatum (Tower Shield): +12 Enhancement Bonus, Insightful Sheltering +5, Improved Bashing X, Holy VII, Petrification Immunity, Blue Augment Slot

Visions of Precision (Goggles): Wisdom +12, Enhanced Ki +3, Dazing X, Insightful Wisdom +4, Blue Augment Slot, Green Augment Slot

Last edited:
I am back and will be here tonight....someone just tell me who I am running and what I am doing, and where I am and I will be fine.

For the epic new stuff, if we're stuck PUGging I'll take a pass. We have to split the group anyway so folks that want to PUG the new stuff can form up and do so and the remainder can figure out something else to run. No worries there.

With CM back in the saddle, I think we're back on the 8's anyway. We need to get CM and Leywind caught up XP-wise (plus Garls 2, I think) and then we can take level 9 and dig into level 7 content. I'm assuming we'll start with Sentinels in order to wrap up the saga.

I think we still have to do Bloody Crypt before we are done with the level 6 quests.
Pretty sure the group as a whole didn't run Necro1. You guys were still catching up to Corwin and I at that point. I think Bot's flagged if we want to pick it up, but I don't know Corwin's status. Corwin's not a fan of the Necro stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if he solo'd his toon to level 7 with different content.

I have no intention of buying this pack just yet. I'll wait till they fix the problems (HAHAHAHAHA) and they put it on sale!!

I'll beat Savage Dragon to the punch for once.

Assuming all hands on deck, which I believe will be the case, we're up for Sentinels on the 9's.

I wouldn't mind a quick DA to start the session if we have some late arrivals. I would like to get Klubbir's primal ED up to level 5 before I pick out a TR for her.

Tonight?

And the plan for today is?

FYI, Fletchyer has his sons with him this weekend (who also play), so depending on what they want to do, and what levels we are playing, he may or may not be able to join us (with one or both of his sons).

Well my son plays too, so that's only fair!! LOL

If we have a full group we will be running level 7 quests on our level 9 toons. We will do the Sentinels pack.

If we get time for it them it could be fun to do The Pit for a change before we take level 10. That quest is actually not as bad as we believe. We first tried The Pit in the guild when we were under geared and didn't know the game well. Then we struggled. Now we are much more suited to run it. A side end reward is very good, an upgraded Muckbane. Muck's Doom I think it's called.

Scoundrel's Run in Three Barrel Cove is also level 7.

I guess we skip the Delera chain this time. Same with Sorrowdusk. Those can be catch up for third lifers needing XP to keep up.

There's a skype update out there, but I had to manually go get it. Might not hurt for folks to check if they've got time. I'm on Win7, don't know if the update is unique to the OS.

We've got options tonight if we're on the 10's:
1- Necro2
2- VoN1 and 2
3- 6 different bar quests

I vote for 2 and 3 since it's too cold to go swimming!! :)

I think we can start with von 1 + 2 first since some, including Azraelck, did von 1 at least last week.

It's Summer here on the right side of the world so swimming is quite refreshing. :)

Back
Top Bottom