Dragon Commander - Launch Trailer Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian has released a new launch trailer to announce that Dragon Commander will be released tomorrow August 6th.

Larian Studios is proud to announce that the next game in the acclaimed Divinity series, Dragon Commander, will be available in digital stores tomorrow, August 6 th, including Steam, Gog.com and its own digital store, www.larianvault.com

To celebrate the occasion, we released a brand new launch trailer that gives a comprehensive overview of this unique strategy game.
Thanks GhanBuriGhan
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Last edited:
Errr, isn't this the same video that was released a few months ago? The first couple of minutes sure seem the same.

Errr, isn't this the same video that was released a few months ago? The first couple of minutes sure seem the same.
Probably is but never the less it was the launch trailer released yesterday. I have seen so many videos they all look the same.

Probably is but never the less it was the launch trailer released yesterday. I have seen so many videos they all look the same.

It is like they had 15 minutes of video and played 'how many ways can we splice up this stuff'.

It is like they had 15 minutes of video and played 'how many ways can we splice up this stuff'.
Probably, but then I doubt this latest video is aimed at fans who have been following the development. Each time you get a new group of people interested in the game (for example when reviews start coming out, or the game launches on Steam) you can't expect them to look back at historical videos, so launching or relaunching a new one is more likely to make them watch it. In the case of D: DC you almost need a video or review like this explaining just how all the different bits work. In ye olde days you'd read a paper magazine review that took you through it, these days a significant chunk of the market won't do that, and would rather watch a short video on game trailers or whatever.

Looks good. My main concern is that battles might be somewhat too frenetic, wonder if there is a pause in the single player version.
Nope there isn't - you can click on the menu to pause the game but not issue orders (also you can't click on the menu in dragon form so there's literally no way to pause the game then - might to possible to key-bind something though, I haven't checked). Someone on another thread mentioned using the minus key to slow down the RTS speed - I hadn't seen that mentioned in game or the manual before so haven't tried it.

Probably, but then I doubt this latest video is aimed at fans who have been following the development.

Exactly - I am not at all saying it is a bad thing. Making a bunch of videos isn't really the most important part of development, so if they could somehow make a list of what sorts of things they wanted to present, then make one long video with everything to slice & dice ... it would be very efficient.

Posting this again just in case someone didn't notice it or see my previous post. While you can't pause. If you use the minus key on the numpad you can slow down the game A LOT. Makes it very manageable.

Back
Top Bottom