Fallout 4 - Official Announcement

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here it is, the official announcement of Bethesda for Fallout 4.

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES FALLOUT 4

World's Most Anticipated Game in Development at Bethesda Game Studios

Full Details to be Unveiled on June 14th at Bethesda's E3 Showcase

June 3, 2015 (Rockville, MD) - Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today confirmed the upcoming global release of Fallout® 4, the next generation of open-world gaming. The world premiere of the game will take place during Bethesda's E3 Showcase being held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on June 14th beginning at 7pm PST, and streamed live around the world via Twitch and YouTube.

Fallout 4 is being developed for Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and PC by award-winning Bethesda Game Studios® under the direction of Todd Howard. This eagerly-awaited game is the follow up to the 2008 ‘Game of the Year', Fallout® 3, and the first title from the world-renowned studio since the release of their global phenomenon and 2011 ‘Game of the Year', The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim®.

"We know what this game means to everyone," said Game Director, Todd Howard, "The time and technology have allowed us to be more ambitious than ever. We've never been more excited about a game, and we can't wait to share it."

The game's official trailer, created in-game at Bethesda Game Studios, can be viewed at: www.fallout4.com.

Fallout 4 has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

More information.

And you can already pre-order it...

And you can already pre-order it…

Good means it will be released this year, or early next year then. I can't wait to play this game as I'm more excited about this announcement then the Bard's Tale kickstarter.:cool:

So the game has:
- one huge city (aka Boston)
- A dog that needs more Nvidia Hairworks
- good'old Gamebryo Creation Engine
- Colors that aren't shades of dirt

Things that the game might have, but was probably just done for the trailer:
- voiced protagonist
- no loading for interiors

And you can already pre-order it…

Except you can't? I checked all 3 links and they just send you to the respective site with the search term "fallout." How about, you know… "Pre-order coming soon" and then link to the specific product page when the content is really there. Seems a bit disingenuous on their part.

Pre-order is not yet working. Some places have setup the pre-order pages but others haven't yet.

Not hyped at all, for me F3 was boring with no personality.

Where is Van Buren, the real F3? I want top down turn based games!
(cant really complaint, there só many games I still need to play)

So the game has:

- good'old Gamebryo Creation Engine
Yup.
The only thing that surprised me from the trailer is V111 protagonist as I suspected V77 previously.

- A dog that needs more Nvidia Hairworks
It's XBone/PS4 game. Forget nVidia hairworks. :D

"We know what this game means to everyone," said Game Director, Todd Howard
Sure, because of that there was not a single word or confirmation on FO4 for years.
Bah.

Pre-order is not yet working. Some places have setup the pre-order pages but others haven't yet.

I can preorder it from gamezone in Norway. Excpected release date 31-03-2016

Pibbur who will wait a while before buying.

I think it looks good graphically speaking, and am interested. Not sure if it meets the new standard set by The Witcher 3 though. Will have to see more game play videos to determine that. I think this will be the first Bethesda game that I will play since Oblivion.

Last edited:
I'm in, but not on pre-order. I haven't even brought myself to finally finish 3 or NV after 100s of hours and several restarts.

That trailer… am I crazy or is there something just off about it? The art style just doesn't look right. The over-saturation doesn't help either.

Whereas the FO3 and FNV trailers had me giddy with excitement, this one just kind of makes me scratch my head.

For instance, what the hell is up with this Nuka Cola Vending Machine? I've seen better models come out of an introductory college course.
47158_2_0.jpg

I can preorder it from gamezone in Norway. Excpected release date 31-03-2016

Pibbur who will wait a while before buying.

I was hoping for a end of the year release. Well, it's been a long wait, a few more months won't matter.

Considering how good both FO3 and FNV were, I'm excited about this. That being said, does it look an aweful lot like those two games? I completed FNV not too long ago, and the overall graphics are rather similar to say the least. Perhaps it's just a lack of polish since it's still in development.

bit of let down in the graphics department…

Because the game is in and around Boston, this mean the setting is The Commonwealth which was first mentioned in Fallout 3 (and DLCs).

Excpected release date 31-03-2016
So 2016. is definetly set as a year of Sci Fi RPG titans.
Won't complain!
That trailer… am I crazy or is there something just off about it? The art style just doesn't look right.

Whereas the FO3 and FNV trailers had me giddy with excitement, this one just kind of makes me scratch my head.
The trailer is ment for dogs, so... Get a pet! :p

That trailer… am I crazy or is there something just off about it? The art style just doesn't look right.

I got the same feeling from a few of the screens, not sure what it is. Like it is washed out, or has a lack of focus or sharpness, or something.

I'm interested to see such developed cities.

It's not a priority for me, but I'm a little surprised that the dog is so heavily featured in close-up when his modeling is not that impressive.

Where is Van Buren, the real F3?

It's inside New Vegas (well sort of)

Back
Top Bottom