Warlords Online and PQ2

I registered, but everything is sooo slow ... *sigh*

Also, there is no help how to play it at all. Or at least I couldn't find anything.

What is it we're talking about now?

Its not specifically PQ anymore is it?

LOL :D - but since PuzzleQuest is set in the Warlords universe ... ;)

Well, to be true, it's not hard to play, I just find it not that compelling. It's nothing like an online strategy title in the likes of, let's say, Travian, Mythlands, (Heroes Online) and the like. The basic comes down to this play a Puzzle game (so far only one included, Warlords Breach, which is a real downfall), earn gold, buy troops, fight in favour of your chosen race. Not bad, but the lack of available puzzle games is, as I mentioned, stunning. I hope they add at least a few more options soon.

Since we're definitely not talking about PQ anymore --not that anyone here would ever hijack a thread--has anyone caught this other upcoming puzzle-rpg that I2 is working on? It's coming out on PC first this time I gather and looks like a Puzzle Quest with spaceships. It's called Galactrix.

It looks more like Pipe Dream or Bubble Breaker to me. I love how they used the same character models on the splash screen. Either they were just visiting our planet or they stepped into a time machine.

Sequel news got slipped

http://kotaku.com/354205/puzzle-quest-sequel-this-year

Adam Roberts joins D3Publisher of Europe as Managing Director
The company will also be releasing video games based on Aardman's popular Shaun the Sheep character in 2008, alongside the eagerly-awaited follow-ups to the best-selling Ben 10 and Puzzle Quest.

newsworthy, methinks

looks official as it was slipped in a press release about a management change

Galactrix looks nice, I think they describe the puzzle more like Tetris or Columns. Or something like both. I must say I'm looking forward to that, and it gets released first on PC this time.

A PQ sequel, you say? I read that article as a bad news, I suspect another console exclusive game :) And I hope they don't abandon the Warlords setting, I was looking forward to exploring a larger portion of it, PQ style ...

I heard that the XBLA will get an expansion. (Trustworthy source.)

But I know nothing more, sorry.

And plus: No news about an German-language CD-ROM version of PuzzleQuest.

All my inquiries have remained ananswered (D3Publisher, ValuSoft, THQ), and others don't know anything (ValuSoft technical support, Boonty, Gamesload).

So far, Germany has a single translated version - and that is purely downloadable. No PC CD-ROM.

I suspect that this is either an exclusive for Gamesload (a division of the Deutsche Telekom company), or THQ, of which ValuSoft, who has the rights, is an division, isn't willing to publish a PC CD-ROM version in German language.

IMHO this is fitting very well with what I personally think of THQ. I don't like them.

I saw that somewhere today, Lucky, but when I checked the I2 site there was nothing official, and some of the posters were suggesting that this wording, i.e., "followup," as opposed to "Puzzle Quest 2" or "sequel" meant it referred to that game I posted, Galactrix, not a sequel. So I thought it still looked a bit iffy for the front page, but I'm glad you posted it here.

Here's that forum thread.

As in Dk Jr was Donkey Kong 2 or Starcraft was Warcraft III or Star Wars IV was Star Wars I..whatever. heh.

We'll have to keep our eyes open.

On this note, does anyone else have problems logging into the Warlords Online game? I registered today and I can get to the forums but can only play the get gold game.

The Warlords Online game has a MASSIVE problem with loading !

Seems they've broadly underestimated the load on the server(s).

But they're aware of this problem: In the forum someone said that they already moved everything onto a dedicated server.

I haven't had massive loading problems with the game, but I've hit one or two snags. One was that sometimes, when I load the Etheria map, it gives a mistake about having opened it in another window or something, but after a reload (or a couple) it goes away. The other one was that after a few victories I somehow ended up with way more troops than I originally had and after I lost them (no big surprise there) I ended up with -6 dragons ... And I still haven't ballanced them ...

edit - after checking out the I2 website and forums, I believe that Galactrix, Deathbringer (check this page out http://www.infinite-interactive.com/deathbringer.php ) and the D3 mentioned PQ sequel are most probably 3 entirely different games, with the last one developed not by I2 as was the case of Challenge of the Warlords but by another dev, most probably D3 internally.

Last edited:
I got additional troops on some maps, too, but maybe that's because of the chosen race ?

I think I had it with Etheria, too. But I'm not sure.

Hardly, since that would be quite unballancing. I still believe it's some king of bug in the game due to lag or something like similar - sometimes it takes like forever to load a page from the game, be it the puzzle, map or recruit screen, since these 3 see the most frequent use.

I will give the game another go when they implement a couple of things, most notably :
- a few more puzzles or other alternatives to earning gold (while I read somewhere on the forums that they are thinking of a way to upload a Puzzle Quest and probably other I2 games scores and earn gold based on that);
- something that makes leveling up worthwhile (as currently it does nothing, I believe), not to mention level up only occur when you defend (and I see little point in doing that as the only significant thing occuring from defending may be leveling up and, as noted, that does nothing
- A way to actually speed up the game - in my opinion there should be a limit to how many attacks a player can execute each day. Or something like that, the game currently supports mainly people who have no life and can play almost all the time.

How are you even getting on? I try to login with both browsers and it always comes back with an error.

I use Opera, too, sometimes Firefox on Ubuntu.

I once had problems with flash-based sites because my plugin wasn't properly installed within Ubuntu, but that's long ago (old system).
Then, the whole browser closed, too.

Back
Top Bottom