Witcher 3 - Preview @ OXCGN

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OXCGN has the latest preview for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The site ponders the question is the game,"The most advanced RPG yet?"

It seems lately that we, the gaming population, are a sucker for massive open-world adventures.

While we also love well-crafted stories, they are sometimes sacrificed in favour of a gigantic world that players can seamlessly explore. For example, there’s no argument that Skyrim had a beautifully detailed world, but many felt the storyline wasn’t befitting the world.

On the other hand, some games focused on narrative can tack on a somewhat empty world to present a larger environment. Take L.A. Noire for example, a large game world that featured little to do outside the main storyline.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, aims to rectify this matter, and is already shaping up to be one next year’s most anticipated titles.

During this year’s E3, CD Projekt Red were on deck to personally show off their progress on Geralt’s latest adventure. I was lucky enough to be able to check out firsthand what lies in store for fans of The Witcher series, through an in-depth 45 minute gameplay demo.

CD Projekt Red have claimed that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be the genre-defining RPG, one that utilises true Next Gen technology, combining both massive open worlds with a deep, branching narrative framework.

Sure, it sounds very ambitious, but from what I saw first hand at E3, and knowing the quality of their previous work, I’ve got to say, they might just do it.

More information.

I dislike the preview.
For whatever reason, FNV is not mentioned.
Open world with story, story and story, more story and even more sidestories if you'll read every piece of paper/tape/whatnot.

But okay I guess, not everyone played it.

I dislike the preview.
For whatever reason, FNV is not mentioned.
Open world with story, story and story, more story and even more sidestories if you'll read every piece of paper/tape/whatnot.

But okay I guess, not everyone played it.

And I snatched it on PC for only 2,50 this week, too! (Without DLC)

Back
Top Bottom