True Crime Thread

Scott Roeder is being sentenced right now. They're at the character witness stuff as I'm typing this. You can stream it live on CNN:

http://live.cnn.com/

Prosecutors are pushing for a hard 50 (life, up for parole in 50). Sentencing will be 25 to life.

Scott Roeder is being sentenced right now. They're at the character witness stuff as I'm typing this. You can stream it live on CNN:

http://live.cnn.com/

Prosecutors are pushing for a hard 50 (life, up for parole in 50). Sentencing will be 25 to life.

Looks like they got the 50 years. It was premeditated murder in cold blood, fer chrissakes. There should never have been any question this guy should go away for the duration.

Yeah. I'm trying to find a video of Roeder's full statement at the sentencing. It was over 40 minutes long. I can't find it though.

Yep, kid got popped good. I'm completely on board for the swats he takes before going down, and probably wouldn't get overly upset over an extra one for good measure, but he's on the ground completely motionless for a good 6 or 7 swats. The only piece of the puzzle we're missing is if the kid was running his mouth after he hit the ground since the video is simply too far away for sound. I know, for most folks here that wouldn't matter since y'all give punks free passes for that sort of thing, but that's the only possible extenuating circumstance I can come up with. Otherwise, there's 3 cops that need walking papers.

An excellent example of a guy that continues to run his mouth even though he's motionless on the ground.

I don't know that anyone got tasered, but many people were tossed out of the townhalls merely for voicing their opinion in public forums that were supposedly about letting people voice their opinion.

I don't know that anyone got tasered, but many people were tossed out of the townhalls merely for voicing their opinion in public forums that were supposedly about letting people voice their opinion.

Insulting and threatening people is NOT "voicing your opinion". Also shouting while others are supposed to speak is NOT "voicing your opinion".

Good thing nobody was threatened at those townhall meetings. I'll grant you the other ones. Never hurts to take a good point and push it a little past the truth when there's a statement to be made, eh? ;)

Yep, kid got popped good. I'm completely on board for the swats he takes before going down, and probably wouldn't get overly upset over an extra one for good measure, but he's on the ground completely motionless for a good 6 or 7 swats. The only piece of the puzzle we're missing is if the kid was running his mouth after he hit the ground since the video is simply too far away for sound. I know, for most folks here that wouldn't matter since y'all give punks free passes for that sort of thing, but that's the only possible extenuating circumstance I can come up with. Otherwise, there's 3 cops that need walking papers.

You can't seriously mean that abuse is ok when someone verbaly provokes the police? "He provoked me" is a lame excuse.

In my opinion they should at least all be permanently fired and never be able to have any job with any power again. That goes for the cops who just stood idly by as well. People who misuse their power makes me so fucking angry. Fucking cowards.

You can't seriously mean that abuse is ok when someone verbaly provokes the police? "He provoked me" is a lame excuse.
I absolutely seriously mean that it's OK. If you're stupid enough to provoke the police, you absolutely deserve an attitude adjustment with a nightstick.

Back
Top Bottom