Want a good laugh? Try this demo.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Was going to download it, but had too much other stuff going on ... thanks for saving me the time :)

Seriously......I want you to give it a try. I'm curious what other peoples reactions will be like.

Looks like a NWN (or maybe even worse, Diablo) clone from the screenshots. Dont think I'll waste any time downloading that:p

Gameplay reminded me more of Hexen than Diablo. Except Hexen was a good game. I don't think I've ever uninstalled anything quicker.

How old is this game? it looks as if made in the late 90s... But I will probably download it, even if only for the laughter :)

How old is this game? it looks as if made in the late 90s... But I will probably download it, even if only for the laughter :)

That's one of the funniest things about this demo. You need at least a Pentium 4 and 512mb of RAM minimum to play this game, yet the graphics aren't even on par with Gothic 1.

It ran horribly on my T60. I know its a Laptop but its hardly weak. Core 2, 128 MG mobility X1400. The framerate was ranging from 6 to 9 according to FRAPS. I'm looking at the game and I'm real puzzled by that.

Sounds like a description of a gane with lots of debug code in it.

Personally, I don't mind running games with graphics from the late 90s. Since my PC is from 1999, I don't have much of a choice, by the way ... ;)

But seriously, I still play games with graphics from the mid-90s - as long as they are fun ! ;) :)

I would really like to say I enjoy games for mid-90s too... but I can't :( It is so hard to get accustomed to those graphics when the new games are competing which will have the more stunning and realistic graphics. I can't even play Gothic1 now which was my all-time favourite game, it hurts my eyes :( I wish so hard the Piranhas would remake it

And back to topic - I wanted to see the game but forgot about it completely.
And talking about bad games - look at this one - http://disney.go.com/pirates/online/index.html
Disney's Pirates of the Carribean online, lol. Those guys didn't get it that they should stick to the movies and leave game designing to game designers. I thought something is wrong with my eyes when I saw the screenshots, the blur is just so wrong, the textures are horribly stretched... horrible

The video didn't look too bad. But you're right, the screenshots are enough to convince you not to try it. Eeek!!

I would really like to say I enjoy games for mid-90s too... but I can't :( It is so hard to get accustomed to those graphics when the new games are competing which will have the more stunning and realistic graphics. I can't even play Gothic1 now which was my all-time favourite game, it hurts my eyes :( I wish so hard the Piranhas would remake it

I think Gothic 1 still looks quite good for it's age.

I think Gothic 1 still looks quite good for it's age.

But it could look better with a bit cosmetics and some facelifting, wouldn't it? ;)

Imho Gothic1 with remade grafics, some bugs fixed and perhaps some bonus stuff could sell even better than Gothic3 did :)

But it could look better with a bit cosmetics and some facelifting, wouldn't it? ;)

Yes. You could say that about a thousand games.

Remaking a specific RPG isn't a really a good idea, because the content of this game is the story. Even with some "bonus stuff" the story wouldn't change and wouldn't deliver a reason to buy it again.

Remaking a specific RPG isn't a really a good idea, because the content of this game is the story. Even with some "bonus stuff" the story wouldn't change and wouldn't deliver a reason to buy it again.

Well, I think Gothic1 has a certain replay value, I would buy it again, if the change is only in the graphics and the content remains the same. It would deliver a reason also for the people, who haven't played it, to get to know this game.
But let's take another game, for example Tomb Raider. I haven't played the first part, actually I started from the forth and it is already ugly and clumsy for me. If Eidos would remake it (and as I heard, the latest Tomb Raider: Anniversary will be a remake of the first part) I would certainly buy it, because it is a legendary game. But there is no way I will play the old game, with all the cool games coming out, I hardly find time for the older ones.
That was my point :)

So, enough off-topic, I tried the demo and can only confirm that it is bad. I couldn't even laugh at it, it is tragic

I bet Gothic with FPS-patch, IE-patch, sky-patch, the two texture updates (the 2nd from a few days ago) on an up-to-date PC and with a gamepad would be quite a different experience. ;)

I bet Gothic with FPS-patch, IE-patch, sky-patch, the two texture updates (the 2nd from a few days ago) on an up-to-date PC and with a gamepad would be quite a different experience. ;)

All of those things sound good except the gamepad. Why would you even suggest using a gamepad with Gothic??

...and what's this about a new texture update? Details please.

Back
Top Bottom