Divinity 2 - Early November for BeNeLux

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian announced today on their forums that the release for Divinity 2 in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg is scheduled for somewhere between the 30th of October and the 6th of November.
Note that this is the English version of the game.
More information.

i hope that includes the patch in progress.
Otherwise its no use to buy it just yet.

So you imply that all Germans shouldn't have bought it ?

Lovely! :)

So right after Risen we gonna play Divinity 2!

Cheers!

Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg
Wtf what about rest of the world? I think mongolian release would be the best next move after this. And after that perhaps Monaco and Greenland.

Hope that people wont resort to piracy now that english version is available but only limitedly.

Wtf what about rest of the world? I think mongolian release would be the best next move after this. And after that perhaps Monaco and Greenland.

Hope that people wont resort to piracy now that english version is available but only limitedly.

Larian is a Belgium company, so it makes a bit of sense. They've probably struck a good deal with a regional distributor for the Benelux.

Larian announced today on their forums that the release for Divinity 2 in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg is scheduled for somewhere between the 30th of October and the 6th of November.
Note that this is the English version of the game.
More information.

Hm, ok so NA release is Jan2010 - what about the rest of the english speaking world? UK, AUS etc? I mean if it's in english already, the usual excuse of 'time required for transation into english' doesn't hold…surely? When will people realise that 'regions' are (or should be!) irrelevant with the all-pervasive Internet? If it's out, I should be able to buy it from anywhere in the world - especially if it's in my language. This kind of thing causes lost sales - well from me at any rate. I've already been thwarted by several digital download retailers who refuse to sell me a game because I'm not in the 'correct' international region. That is 19th century thinking - just Like DVD region encoding.

dtp has shown previously they prefer to negotiate the best deal with a local distie they can achieve. It may be they haven't found interested parties in those regions, haven't achieved the deal they want or perhaps the local distie is holding back for their own local logistical reasons.

I completely understand your sentiment but when publishing deals are broken up like this (inevitable, because dtp doesn't have international coverage) the local distie will be focused on their own needs, rather than some coordinated release.

Back
Top Bottom