Dragon Age - Free On EA Origin

I mostly remember how shocked I was at how little content there was, I expected a Baldur's Gate 2 epic based on the years of hype, and you had for instance a capital the size of a tennis court. There were so few enemies too, and it always felt like the same thing. Baldur's Gate games were huge and full of intricate environments and stuff to explore and things to do. Also obviously the shoehorned characters with alternate lifestyles was just so overdone and forced, it just felt very out of place and awkward, later games with such themes have been more subdued. It was also kind of ridiculous how much focus there was on having romantic escapades with all the characters, sorry but I want to play a game, not a dating sim, nor have sex parties with virtual characters. I just think it heralded something very strange within gaming. While past Bioware RPGs had romantic relationships, they were optional, and all innocent. But starting with this game it became standard for videogame characters to discuss having sexual relationships with each other, with all the grace of a Harlequin novel.

The cartoonish dark fantasy theme did nothing for me either. There was nothing profound about it. The infamous trailer with the Marilyn Manson song I won't name was a sign of the kind of atmosphere they were aiming for, something "edgy".

I guess it's worth it if you like RPGs, but personally I think there are far better choices.

Last edited:
I liked the writing in Dragon Age, and I particularly enjoyed the lore - especially the whole Fade concept.

The actual game was so-so, and it had WAY too much filler combat. But that's Bioware 101 - I just didn't appreciate the joke of a system they put in place of AD&D.

But I enjoyed it for the most part.

You can get the promotional items for Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 from Bioware for free from this page http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/ . Enjoy!
Anyone knows how to actually use the stuff? In went to the link and chose my platform, now I have access to download a lot of zip files thath I don't know what to do with them.

Shouldn't this be available through the game as downloadable content?

Hmm, oddly it doesn't give me the option to download files for the PC. Only XBox and PS3.

EDIT: Nevermind. Most of this stuff looks like it's listed on my "registered game content" BSN page. This stuff should be pushed to the Origin deployment though.

Anyone knows how to actually use the stuff? In went to the link and chose my platform, now I have access to download a lot of zip files thath I don't know what to do with them.

Shouldn't this be available through the game as downloadable content?
Most of the DAII stuff is actually automatically added to your downloadable content. I clicked on the description, and a message told me so. Only when you have separate links for PC and Mac you get an installer. The DA:O stuff is a bit more involved. A description how to add that was linked on the same site.

Well in my case it is for Origins. Would you have that link with the explanation? because I can't find it :(

EDIT: Nevermind I found out. You just have to use the daupdater.exe tool located in the installation files.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom