Witcher 3 Complaints..had to be some.

The Witcher 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
1- randomly sheathing my weapon.
2- IGNI I have spent some good points on this and still misses a lot even when inches from your enemy.
3- Quen no warning time when it is going to run out. Twice in this one quest I have thought it was still on so I could take a hit and ended up dying.

Igni is useless against enemies with shields could this be it? I use Axii in such cases.

I can see it too. But, in the heat of the battle, it's easy to miss it?

I can see when/if Quen is still active. There are sparks of energy around Geralt.

Yes I can see it, I just wish I knew it was going to run out.

The battle I was talking about you could take a hit the shield would bust and you could get a few good strikes in yourself. Then get out of danger put the shield on and repeat.

It is more of a timing thing if I saw there was only a few seconds left before I moved in I would hold off and reapply.

1- randomly sheathing my weapon.
2- IGNI I have spent some good points on this and still misses a lot even when inches from your enemy.
3- Quen no warning time when it is going to run out. Twice in this one quest I have thought it was still on so I could take a hit and ended up dying.

#1 has killed me several times and is extremely annoying. Needs to be patched or modded out immediately. there is a sheath sword button I don't need the game to decide when to put it away.>:O

I would add popping up the map when the world ends. just let me walk back I don't need the map popping up and requiring me to exit out.

Which brings me to, what ever button I hit to get in a menu should also take me out. esc to leave menus is another annoyance. I don't like to lift my hands from the keyboard.

Not being able to do a fast attack at the end of a roll. Seriously??

Those would be my top four, hopefully a patch or mod does away with them.

One small annoyance I have is buffs appearing in the middle of the screen. They could put them near the minimap to reduce screen clutter.

Which brings me to, what ever button I hit to get in a menu should also take me out. esc to leave menus is another annoyance. I don't like to lift my hands from the keyboard.

Hmm - Hitting the hotkeys M,N,J,K etc does toggle in and out of the respective screens.

#1 has killed me several times and is extremely annoying. Needs to be patched or modded out immediately. there is a sheath sword button I don't need the game to decide when to put it away.>:O.

Punch monsters to death, I've done it.

Saying that, this only happen to me if I manually unsheathe a sword when I spot a monster, it seems to be cancelling the auto unsheathe.

One small annoyance I have is buffs appearing in the middle of the screen. They could put them near the minimap to reduce screen clutter.

Hmm - Hitting the hotkeys M,N,J,K etc does toggle in and out of the respective screens.

Your absolutely right. For whatever reason when I tried it the first time I played it didn't work. So I didn't try to do it again and just assumed it didn't work I had to hit escape because that's the prompted key.

Not sure if it was operator error or if it was fixed in the first patch. Either way, thanks I can scratch that off my list.

Igni is useless against enemies with shields could this be it? I use Axii in such cases.

How useful is Axii? I was thinking that the most useful signs for the purpose of putting points into first might be Quen & Yrden and then maybe aard - but not really sure yet: Quen seems like a no brainer for single boss fights, but I'll have get more skillfull at staying in/behind the radius to get that to work in multi mob fights.

How useful is Axii?

Axii is useful against:
- shield users (otherwise you have to roll to hit them in the back)
- useful to get horse riders thrown off their horses (Aard works as well, but you can only use Axii while on Roach) and stop your horse from throwing you off (well Geralt)
- against aghouls to force them to lower those spikes according to the bestiary or loading screen tip (but no point in Axii is not enough going by my experience with them)
- some conversation choices to avoid bloodshed requires more than level 1 Axii

That's what I know so far, but I'm still discovering usage for signs (aka reading the bestiary and loading screen tooltips).

I have a certain complaint to add...

On PC the font is perfect. To me at least.
If they used the same supersmall font on consoles, well, how should people read those microletters while playing the game from their beds? :evilgrin:

I have a certain complaint to add…

On PC the font is perfect. To me at least.
If they used the same supersmall font on consoles, well, how should people read those microletters while playing the game from their beds? :evilgrin:

The console versions of TW3 also have ui scaling/font size options in their settings menus, shockingly enough.

I just realized that the contents of a store will change slightly every time you talk to a merchant. That's a big no-no in my book.

The console versions of TW3 also have ui scaling/font size options in their settings menus, shockingly enough.
Even for items description/stats/compare?
Sacrilege!

When I bought a better hoarders unite saddle with +70 weight cap, returned into the store to sell the old one, this better version was again offered.
Didn't know I'll get it for free just a bit later on a race, dammit, why noone told me that, you all suck! :p

But I didn't notice stores reshuffle on every visit. Will check later as it's not big but a huge no-no unless it's just irrelevant stuff being reshuffled.

For equipment recipes, I looted better ones than those I've seen (and bought) in stores. Probably will avoid buying those in the future and spend money only on mats/pots and nonequips crafting.

When I bought a better
For equipment recipes, I looted better ones than those I've seen (and bought) in stores. Probably will avoid buying those in the future and spend money only on mats/pots and nonequips crafting.

I only spend money on food and buying cards LOL.

Back
Top Bottom