Fallout 3 - Creation Kit and DLC

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Bethesda announce today the release of a creation kit and three pices of downloadable content:
Bethesda Softworks Announces Creation Kit and First Downloadable Content for Fallout 3

Editor to be Available in December; Downloadable Content coming for January, February, and March

November 25, 2008 (ROCKVILLE, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, today announced plans to make both its editor and downloadable content available for its award-winning game, Fallout® 3 in the coming weeks. The official editor for Fallout 3, called the G.E.C.K. (Garden of Eden Creation Kit), will be available for free download in December and will allow Games for Windows® users to create and add their own content to the game. In addition, the first official downloadable content, Operation: Anchorage, will be available exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Games for Windows® in January, and more downloadable content coming in February and March.

“We’ve always seen the original world of Fallout 3 as a foundation for even more content. Some created by us, and a lot more created by users,” said Todd Howard, game director for Fallout 3. “It’s fun to create your own character, but it can be equally fun to create your own adventures. We can’t wait to see what the community does with the G.E.C.K.”

The release of the G.E.C.K. provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more.

Three downloadable content packs will be coming to Xbox 360 and Games for Windows Live starting in January that will add new quests, items, and content to Fallout 3.

• Operation: Anchorage. Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. An action-packed battle scheduled for release in January.
  • The Pitt. Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. Choose your side. Scheduled for release in February.
  • Broken Steel. Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest. Scheduled for release in March.
More information.

This is great news not like Fable's news.G.E.C.K. is what most of the flamers wanted and here it is.I guess even guys at NMA are happy cause they can make this game the way they wanted

I knew they would release the tools! Good news. Hopefully we will get the nma version of F3. The DLC sounds good too allthough Id prefer physical expansion. Nice for them to release it to PC too.

Heheheh yeah I can't wait to see the bitter basement dweller version:) j/k

I'm interested in seeing what comes out, there were quite a few good mods for oblivion.

I wonder how long until OFF is released: Obscuro's Fallout Facelift :D

If they ditch the voice acting altogether, replace the dialogue in some quests and replace other quests (including the main one) altogether, in addition to the laundry list of changes OOO made to Oblivion which will have to be made all over again, I'd be interested.

This is happy news. I canceled my plans to buy FO3 when they announced the lack of availability of a toolset - although I must admit now that, if they weren't going to have one, it was the right thing to do to announce it as opposed to keeping it quiet. I hope it's no less powerful than previous toolkits.

In Swedish pitt means penis.

I might be interested in this if someone comes up with a swear filter mod.

I just love these acronyms ! :D

"Geck" is the German translation for "Dude". ;)

(Although no-one uses the word "Geck" here anymore. It's just outdated.)

Bethesda just earned all my respect back (ok what little I had for them, but still).

I mean who did NOT expect them to completely milk this for all it was worth trying to sell their own DLC for awhile before releasing the mod tools?

Releasing the mod tools before trying to sell their own junk is truly a nice move. I just hope the mod community with this is as prolific at it was with Morrowind (or Oblivion).

Get to work you damn hippies!

Fun game... for five hours.

Naaah, not interested.

Game was really fun and VATS was interesting... for five hours. After that I maxed out my small guns and agility, nothing more do about it. :(

VATS is also dull, after few hours, because head is only good target and you are basically in god mode during VATS... Same with the world, it begins to repeat itself very quickly.

No reason whatsoever to come back for more.

Heheheh yeah I can't wait to see the bitter basement dweller version:) j/k

Again the commenters at NMA don't fail to amuse. :D Instead of people going "Ah, hell, I don't like this, I'm moving on," they practically take that Fallout 3 arrow and stick it through their hearts. It's so cute!

Okay, we're not bashing other forums here. I apologize. But it's just so damn funny to see that bitter cynicism in other people for a change.

F3 might have been the first game I felt a balance problem regarding play area and just how much you could improve your character... Any expansion will need an increase in level cap and a massive increase of unique weapons/armor/schematics, preferably scattered all over the place.

Again the commenters at NMA don't fail to amuse. :D Instead of people going "Ah, hell, I don't like this, I'm moving on," they practically take that Fallout 3 arrow and stick it through their hearts. It's so cute!

Okay, we're not bashing other forums here. I apologize. But it's just so damn funny to see that bitter cynicism in other people for a change.

About as Predictable as the shitbox morons comming to defend these junk "games". FO3 is a braindead turd, no "geck" can change that.

About as Predictable as the shitbox morons comming to defend these junk "games". FO3 is a braindead turd, no "geck" can change that.

Hoo hoo hoo, originality for the win:) Thats right, its a game for us morons because we like it....hahhaah

The last couple days, I've been replaying Mass Effect on PC after I finished Fallout 3. Ironically several "issues" I've been complaining about in Fallout 3 are actually ME "features"... and they don't bother me in the latter. That just reminds me that Fallout 3's only problem is being called Fallout "3" instead of "Fallout East Coast" or something like that.

And no amount of Toolkit is going to change anything about it, unless said toolkit could alter the game engine itself (bird eye view, turn-based, removal of VATS, tweak how much attributes and skill values affect gameplay) as well as extremely time-consuming changes: rewrite several dialogs and quests, fix plot inconsistencies, remove scaling, add two or three village-size settlements and one larger city with political subquests, etc.

If only they didn't call it Fallout "3" it would have been by far my favorite game in years. I wouldn't have minded any of their design decisions, just like they don't bother me in ME. Instead of paying attention to the things they did right in this game, I am obsessed with what makes it a disappointing sequel and have absolutely no desire to replay it.

Fallout 3: great game, bad sequel. Let's see whether modders can do something about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom