The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Well, I got into Lam last night and messed around with Mirys and a newly created Cleric.

While the enhancements are now less laggy and easier to see everything (as well as where you can go), it's harder to tell what they are, even accounting for the string table errors and lack of icons that will make it live.

Druid enhancements came through largely intact; like all casters they lost their spell power. They did gain a dps boost for melee Druid builds, but that's it.

Clerics came through significantly worse. It is very expensive to get to the burst, and the Aura - being tier 5 - locks you into a RS-focus. Divine disciple at least does have a small spell power line, 18% Universal or 27% to light or negative energy spells. Considering you can get 80% on live now, for only one more ap(9ap vs 10sp), this sucks. RS gives 1% per point spent in the tree (so likely 40 or so, plus IIRC there were some boosts in the tree).

Half-orcs look to become scarce as people TR out of them. Their enhancements suck.

Two positive things are that Toughness is no longer mandatory; you get up to an extra 20hp as you level, 5 at every 5 class levels. And the Dragonmarks now can be opened up to the max level via enhancements (which aren't too expensive, only 10ap to get CLS for a Half-Elf). So that may become more viable for some, vs now where the three feat cost is simply too high.

And the Lamannia client has given me my first BSOD on the new system!

Monks now make all other melees irrelevant. Especially those gimped, worthless S&B tanks.

Mureall was able to pull 80PRR, 25% concealment, 25% Dodge, out of it. Without losing her core Shintao abilities (still has all of the DR bypasses). Also, you can improve the Healing Ki finisher, doing Lesser Restoration, Cure Blindness, Disease, or Curse . At the end of that line is the Raise Dead clicky, expensive and now available at a much later level, but still there.

The only thing I did lose was the 20% monk Healing amp, I think it's stuffed into Mystic.

In addition, the upper-tier stances are now auto-granted as feats; not sure of the level but I had to go looking for them.

I wonder if Turbine realize the consequences of their major changes to enhancements. Most people probably wanted a port of current abilities to a new user interface, with some changes for the weaker classes.

Instead we will get a completely new system that might be even less balanced regarding classes and races than the current system.

Indeed. I don't understand why they'd want to screw with something that works fairly well. A few tweaks here and there is all that's really needed; instead they give us a total gutting.

Sounds like they have been playing with the stuff while they were drunk and said "oh look, I can change this to this and the server won't crash." Hell with the players, just mess to be messing. Have to see how it comes out in the end I guess.

The only thing I'm *really* interested in is the graphical display of the enhancements. Tree-like, like in a lot of newer games, this would more clearly show to me what leads to what and what can I get when.

Everything else isn't interesting for me - yet.

And, by the way, I think I remember that someone of the Devs posted that most things there are largely placeholders. Could be in the DevTracker.

Uhm.. this might be really awkward and bad.. cause i have no idea what i am doing... but hi there its punpun i was told to come post here so kitty did as she was told and now you got this ^.^ a post of me asking to be in the guild .. in a round about awkward kinda way...

Welcome, we have fun here. It's not all lamma land critiques lol

Welcome. See, that wasn't so hard and there's a two week grace period before we start making fun of anyone. ;)

You'll have to drop your current "guild" before we can send the invite, obviously.

Say hello to Punpun the Annoying, folks. She (yes, we're adding another crazy woman to the mix) has more total toons than JM, CM, and Az combined and the toon she's bringing to our merry band is a 6th lifer with gear galore and festival-farmed boosts. She'll probably be bored with us amateurs before August. ;)

Hello and welcome. You don't have to be crazy to join this guild, but it sure helps!! :)

I'll have a quick taxi run 3-4 hours into the session, but should be fine to run.

With all the new guildies and not knowing which ones will want to run with us, I have no clue what the plan is for tonight and which toons we'll run. I should be on early, so perhaps I can form up something for us by the time Az hits the scene.

News :

An "Shadar Kai Tatoo Design Contest" : https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited?v=app_448952861833126&rest=1

What's an Shadar Kai ?

Screenshot of the week - an marvelous piece ! : http://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-screenshot-week-130

The Store :

Free item of the week :

July 12 - 18
Medium Slayer Count Boost
Use Coupon Code BAM89
1 / Account

Bigby's Handy Box (until 15th) : https://www.ddo.com/en/news/limited-time-bigby’s-handy-box

25 % off -

- Stat Tomes
- 32 Point Build
- Veteran Status
- Guild Renown Elixirs

"What's new in the Store with Update 18" : https://www.ddo.com/en/DDOStoreU18

Over the next few days, I'd appreciate it if everyone would make a quick post of their status on the lvl7's. I'm interested in current rank since most of us are holding lvl8 and some have been holding for a while now. I'm also interested in what the quest status is. We've gotten scattered all over the place for various reasons and I need to get my arms around it to limit our pre-game chaos next session. We pissed away nearly an hour last Friday getting our collective poo gathered and that offends my delicate sensibilities (particularly since it's my job to keep exactly that from happening).

So… I won't be able to do mine before getting home, but I need to know everyone's completion status for the following:
Necro1
Carnival
Delera Q1
3 Barrel
STK Hobgoblin Hell
House K lvl5 bar quests (Lair and Chamber, IIRC)

If there are things you haven't done but don't care (such as Peter not finishing Carnival), please note that.

Sorry, but the Big Book that CM thrust upon me has gone thru a buzzsaw and the scraps laid out in an Oklahoma thunderstorm (that's a gul-a-wor-sher to you, cowboy). 'tain't purdy.

Last edited:
Without logging in to check, I don't think I've done much if anything in Necro 1, still haven't done the final section of Carnival, have done nothing with 3 barrel, might have done Delera 1, but unsure (if you did it last Friday, then I haven't done it), only done a couple of sections from STK and have done none of those House K quests. Reywind is likely in a similar situation. Pretty sure I'm still a pure level 7.

My level 7 fighter (KarlPeter).

Not done:
- Carnival chain (except part 1)
- Delera's (except part 1)
- Three Barrel Cove (not been to area)
- Tangleroot (quest level 5 and higher)

Necro 1 completed.

I don't mind having to finish what I started. I can always do it later solo for favor. Delera part 2-4 will probably be done in the group anyway.

So I just follow around where I'm needed. I can take level 8 at any time and start working on level 6 quests. I have not done any level 6 quests except bloody crypt.

Last edited:
I might be playing up my artificer to catch up the group once he TR's later this week. He just need 7 shroud runs for his cleansing stone. My arti can help people catch up to the main group.

Hi, i'm new and Peter said to post up.

Gandorkis the Beige, 19 wizard right now on ddo Kyber, unlocked for shroud and fot, working on house c stuff, need the boots, etc. as soon as I have some fum money next month, i will pick up the first expansion. currently vip account.

There is apparently an update as of today (Monday).

I believe Mirys has completed Carnival. She has not entered 3 Barrel Cove at all. Tangleroot I believe she is at the part 5's, but hasn't done them. I don't think she did STK, as that was an early night for me.

Necro 1 is done.

Sentinels is a level 7 chain on normal, so we're not up to that range yet, assuming we bother to run it.

Rank 35, 400xp from level 8.

Back
Top Bottom