DA:O Mods that are adventures?

Dragon Age: Origins

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi, for a lack of better word I'm looking for mods for DA that are "adventures" and have a beginning, middle and end. (like the Dreamcather series for NWN) I've been scrouring the bioware social site and da nexus but there don't seem to be any at the moment.

Anyone have any tips for released mods of this nature or mods that are being released *soon*. Maybe I'll just have to hold my horses a bit and wait for the community to get going…

The Wardens Keep meets that model, however it was not what I would call a mod really. They simply added a short story to a short hack/n/slash so can access new equipement and get storage areas you could use. Have not seen or heard of any true gaming mods as yet. But like you, I am hoping the public can.

Alley of Murders seems to be like a DLC ie integrated to DAO campaign. I'll try add it at my next replay (if there's a 3rd) even if the languages differences will be a little rude to face.

I didn't follow closely but before really good modules not too short appear in NWN1 it took time like more than 1 year. Before Dreamcatcher series that certainly took more than one year to be released, the same author had already made another series good but not at same quality level.

Also it seems NWN2 didn't generate so much creativity, many of the best modules are just port from NWN1. Well I didn't follow much NWN2 modules but I suspect this will never be like it's been for NWN1.

Also it seems NWN2 didn't generate so much creativity, many of the best modules are just port from NWN1. Well I didn't follow much NWN2 modules but I suspect this will never be like it's been for NWN1.

I think someone said that this was because of the higher (read: more professional) level of modding required for NWN2. Or so I understood it.

In my theory, the creativity comes rather from what I call "storytellers", and not from "techies".
Imho "Techies" rather tend to just show "technical showcases", I mean how good they are at mastering the technical aspects, but without actually telling "stories".

I might be wrong, though. I just thought it from the different realms in the human brain; there are different areas responsible for different tasks. Someone who's good at language will have a tendency not to be good in maths/technics and vice versa - or so do I remember this stuff.

I have played 10-15 NWN2 monduls, and there are some really good ones, like "Harp and Chrysanthemum", "moonshadow", "Dark Waters" and "Tragedy at Tragidor", all made by veterans NWN1 Modulers.

I have played 10-15 NWN2 monduls, and there are some really good ones, like "Harp and Chrysanthemum", "moonshadow", "Dark Waters" and "Tragedy at Tragidor", all made by veterans NWN1 Modulers.

There ARE plenty of good ones for NWN2, but not nearly the breadth of offerings that NWN1 generated.

If anyone actually played or plays any of the adventure mods post up a brief comment on them...ei: bugs or blah or worth the download. I hate grabing player made mods just to find they do more harm then good to my game.
(Yes I am a chicken!):paranoid:

If anyone actually played or plays any of the adventure mods post up a brief comment on them…ei: bugs or blah or worth the download. I hate grabing player made mods just to find they do more harm then good to my game.
(Yes I am a chicken!):paranoid:

I second that idea. I'll make sure to post here if I find any good ones.

Alley of Murders is a good one. Fully voiced, nice story and there are real choises. I can recommend it.

Thanks szokol. May I ask did you install this mod after getting the Mod pack install or add it to a clean game install?

I haven't installed the mod pack, only a few small mods, like "Bombs range extension", or "steal cooldown reduce", and the few new territory:
- Alley of Murders
- Darkspawn city
- Enigma battle dungeon
- Wardens estate
- Fragments of Ferelden.

I played only the first one, so can't say anything about the others.

Back
Top Bottom