Two Worlds II - Now on Gamersgate

Man Southpeak really dropped the ball on this one . Many will Import some will pirate and i cant understand why the publishers would sabotage this release when the first TW was a let down. I wouldnt be surprised if southpeak closed its doors in 2011 . I personally loved TW , after they patched it . I couldnt help myself i had to import TW 2 ROYAL EDITION from Amazon.de , its in the mail and on its way as we speak . very excited. This is probably what Gothic 4 should have been.

Can someone explain to me why there are different dates for English releases for different regions?

it's quite obvious in that they haven't shored up publishing the boxed versions for different reasons. different publishers cover different markets/regions. why would and regional publisher put down money towards a release in their region if it was already available digitally in that region (keep in mind this isn't a budget game)?! a majority of games i get now are digital though i'd prefer boxed for this game as with most rpgs still. i surely hope no one is complaining about this practice of regional releases who is at the same time prefers boxed versions as any pirating and circumventing releases only means your less likely to see a boxed version in the future than its current scarcity.

no one is doing this to dick us over, its just the way it is.
-fight apathy...or don't

Budget game or not the future will be digital downloads only its the future.I may not like as others do but the developer and publisher get more money instead of giving the retailer a cut.Or the developer can sell it them sleeves to make more money also.

I agree. Although I don't like it, I see direct sales as a very convenient way to circumnavigate the distributors and get actually more money directly.

It's like Fair Trade, a tiny bit.

For me it was a simple decision. Buy it NOW for $50, or wait who knows how long and eventually buy a boxed version here for $90!! Which would YOU choose? :)

Oops. I didn't know it's THAT bad there in Australia 1 O_O

How ironic!! Dhruin's proxy method delivered a copy before my so-called pre-release version arrives! This regionalized delivery is comical. BTW -- someone's eartlier post had it right -- they are having delays in setting up their US retail distributor. Probably the same issue for other geographies.

I am with Corwin, though -- too itchy to wait, so I just used the method and am DLing as I type this.

Ain't the internet grand!

I wouldnt be surprised if southpeak closed its doors in 2011 . I personally loved TW , after they patched it . I couldnt help myself i had to import TW 2 ROYAL EDITION from Amazon.de , its in the mail and on its way as we speak . very excited. This is probably what Gothic 4 should have been.

Well you bought it on the hopes that it might be good, and many are going (slightly) out of their way to download the purchase, because it's not directly available to them yet. So I wouldn't be surprised if Southpeak keeps its doors open for a while.

So, any impressions yet? :)

Well you bought it on the hopes that it might be good, and many are going (slightly) out of their way to download the purchase, because it's not directly available to them yet. So I wouldn't be surprised if Southpeak keeps its doors open for a while.

The version available currently isn't the south peak one, the continental european version is published by Zuxxez.

There's a thread in the general RPG forum for impressions.

It's quite good, reminds me of Gothic3 (and TW1, ofcourse) but better. It seems to take a while before it really opens up so you can travel to more regions, its more linear than most open-world games so far, but it'll open up..

I'm ~10h in (level 19). The biggest problem now is balancing, it's very easy on medium now, wish i had started on "hard".

Back
Top Bottom