DA:Inquisition - 15 Things To Like About the Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A small gaming website by the name of implayin posted fifteen things they like about playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. Some of them are spoilers so beware.

I’ve racked up over 25 hours of game play so far in Dragon Age Inquisition, and yet, I feel as if I haven’t accomplished much at all in regards to the story. Although I have saved a buffalo and found a lost ram, which I guess is nice. And that isn’t exactly a bad thing either (the amount of quests, not acting on behalf of Thedas RSPCA), otherwise I would of put the controller down at hour 5, not 20 hours later and still going strong.

That’s the beauty of Inquisition for me. It’s that I can mess about exploring the world, finding new rifts to close, not to mention the vast amount of side quests available, with every new area throwing more into your ‘to do’ adventure satchel.

So even though I haven’t completed the game, or in fact be past half way, I wanted to share the top 15 things I’ve enjoyed, that either you yourself may have loved (or hated for that matter) or for those who have not had the chance to play it, share in the experience.
More information.

Not for me they aren't as I use WASD or the arrow keys .:cool:

Controls are horrible, so that's hardly among 15 things to like.
Elf models are abominations, not to like.
Sonar? Not to like.
Grinding? Not to like.
DX crashes caused by bad porting to PC (FPS forcing goes wrong), not to like.

15 sex scenes? Oh, yeah. Those are to like. And that's it.

Well I'm still bad mouthing this game. I ran into an area in crestwood where the game would crash everytime during a fight (it is that long fight after you drain the lake and enter the underground cavern to close the rift.
-
I tried everything - low graphic; low resolution; whatever and it repeatedly crash (i could find no error message or logs to explain why it crashed). After 6 or 7 times I switch from direct3d to mantle and was able to complete the fight then switch back to direct3d but while searching (google) I found lots of other people with crashes. Given the incredibly long load/start up time (I hear this is more due to their crappy drm system than actual game raw performance) it was really annoying and added heaps to my down voting the game.
-
When the game runs properly (mind you crestwood was the first time the game started crashing - it also crashed twice earlier in crestwood yesterday but they were not repeated-able (everytime was during combat). I know a lot of you love the game but these technical issues + lousy slow drm really get on my nerve. I do like the conversations and some of them had some excellent moments but (repeating myself) the game bugs (I still have problem where keys will randomly remap until i switch character controls - i.e, right click attack - right click attack - then suddnely right click will open character screen - no clue what triggers the remap).
-
anyways i'm level 12 and trying to kill my first dragon. He's suppose to be easy but he is wasting my group :(
-
Oh yea and tactical view SUCKS when trying to kill a dragon - you can't angle the camera high enough to see the top of the dragon :(

Last edited:
Well, I can see why the game is popular - with the console crowd - since it's pretty much a console game with generic everything - weak leveling, generic classes, weak combat that's mostly autoattacks with little need of tactics - just button spam. Some decent stories here and there and the Inquisition itself is a decent twist that gives purpose to the open world, and the open world itself is attractive, but I still feel like the game feels like a modern MMORPG - devoid of personality and just packed with loads of generic stuff to do for the casual console masses.

To me, a game doesn't have to sell a bazillion units to be "the best" or "a good" game. It needs to just be a great game. And I think these days games are often designed to maximize sales moreso than to be the best possible game, since many players want things that are easy, streamlined, dumbed down, unstressful, not mentally taxing in the least, etc. Ie, more console like. And so I guess DAI is a success but it's not exactly what I want out of a "best game" since while it may sell a bazillion units it's doing so more because of wide/mass casual appeal and less because it's a truly great game.

Well I'm still bad mouthing this game. I ran into an area in crestwood where the game would crash everytime during a fight...
Sorry to tell you this is a frequently reported issue that is not patched yet.
I didn't have it on my side, but many did.

Almost all EA staff is still enjoying holidays so there isn't even a rumor on a possible fix on this. Hopefully it'll be soon.

My game crashed last night even before I got to start the game (loading screen crash, yippee!) I don't even get annoyed anymore. I just called it a night :)

I still have very mixed feeling a bout the game. There are really good moments, but I still stand by the early impression of "game feels like copy/paste of other well-known game features and feels very disjointed).

yeah, a bizarre choice - I immediately remapped them to WASD for my sanity

Ha, yeah. Now only if the party members would like you know stay in formation rather than running off and attacking the wrong guys. Need to mess around with the controls more…

EDIT: Has anyone played multiplayer yet? I am getting pinged to play it by my ME3 buddies now that I am back on origin.

Well, I can see why the game is popular - with the console crowd - since it's pretty much a console game with generic everything - weak leveling, generic classes, weak combat that's mostly autoattacks with little need of tactics - just button spam. Some decent stories here and there and the Inquisition itself is a decent twist that gives purpose to the open world, and the open world itself is attractive, but I still feel like the game feels like a modern MMORPG - devoid of personality and just packed with loads of generic stuff to do for the casual console masses.

To me, a game doesn't have to sell a bazillion units to be "the best" or "a good" game. It needs to just be a great game. And I think these days games are often designed to maximize sales moreso than to be the best possible game, since many players want things that are easy, streamlined, dumbed down, unstressful, not mentally taxing in the least, etc. Ie, more console like. And so I guess DAI is a success but it's not exactly what I want out of a "best game" since while it may sell a bazillion units it's doing so more because of wide/mass casual appeal and less because it's a truly great game.

You can always fire up Gothic 2, like I'm doing. :)

Ha, yeah. Now only if the party members would like you know stay in formation rather than running off and attacking the wrong guys. Need to mess around with the controls more…

EDIT: Has anyone played multiplayer yet? I am getting pinged to play it by my ME3 buddies now that I am back on origin.

MP is fun albeit a bit limited at the moment... once their are some more DLC it might be a bit more interesting.

I'm still obsessed with TLoU's MP at the moment... it's something truly special and has the best meta game around.

Back
Top Bottom