NWN2 Finished MOTB - Thoughts & Feelings. (no spoilers)

Neverwinter Nights 2
G

Wow...

Wow.
I just finished the game. Came here right away to post
some thoughts while they are still fresh in my head :D

To me that was one of the most satisfying endings I've ever seen.
Really. Though I guess it was a bit different to everyone cause there seemed
to be many things that could have been different... kinda like in the ending of fallout 2.

MOTB is an excellent game and I had fantastic time with it. It really felt like an
epic journey, like a good CRPG should feel.

The NPC's were all very good. Not the usual stuff like the people in the original NWN2 campaign. Safiya, Okku, Gann... they were all very interesting.

I paid the full price of the game. And for the first time in years this feels like a game that is worth the full retail price nowadays. I'm so glad I bought and experienced this game.

Oh.. and the narrator was the best I've heard in any game. The guy
has a voice that oozes drama & gravity without sounding cheesy.

Yup, it was a good one. The fights got a bit monotonous at times IMO, but the game did right so much that most games nowadays do wrong that it gets away with a great deal.

Another nice thing about it is that there's something for everyone -- if you want to min-max character builds, you can do that; if you want to play dress-up, that's in too; if you want to role-play, you have the opportunities; if you want to go tactical, that's possible as well (as far as it's possible at all in D&D).

I just finished MotB as well. It's the first part of the NWN series that has sensible and immersive story, interesting characters. And introduced a rather new setting, as far as DnD CRPGs go. On the other hand, I somewhat dislike the new spirit eater mechanic - not the least for not making the respective bar a spiral. Not that there was something cardinally wrong with it, I just didn't like (I expect a lot more of games featuring soul devouring).

All in all, I quite liked the game, and will definately give it another try after some time just to see a few a things I missed out. Like what the hech I am supposed to enchant with Myrkul's essence.

Back
Top Bottom