Underworld - Definitive Edition Release Date and Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Charles send us word that The Definitive Edition of Swords and Sorcery - Underworld will be available November 3rd.

Announcing a November 3rd release! SSUDE was made by an old gamer, for old gamers (and open-minded younger ones). Gameplay hearkens back to the 80s but many layers were added to add to tactical challenges, exploration and... Looks as well!
Also check out this announcement trailer.

More information.

Congrats, Charles!!! I finished the original release but look forward to playing the super-duper version. You did a great job supporting/enhancing your game. There is a certain lunatic-Neanderthal who could learn a thing or two from you. Kudos.

Congrats, but I'm not playing one of his games until the sequel is available. And kindly change the combat music.

Congrats, but I'm not playing one of his games until the sequel is available. And kindly change the combat music.

Congratz?

I will play this again when it comes out....one more rpg...I'm so spoiled.

Don't like the sterile colors , but I bet this game has substance regardless

Awesome, good to see he is still working. Looking great. Played it a bit before and liked it. I admire his dedication as he must love what he is doing as I doubt much money in it.

Cheers Charles!

I don't quite understand this; isn't this a game that was released quite a while ago? Is this an updated version?

Is there a list of the "changes" anywhere? I checked out the website of the developer and the forum seems dedicated to another game and I was slightly confused. This isn't something I see on GoG, Steam, etc.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Thanks Myrthos, and everyone :)

ElderGnome It's an updated version, built with the engine meant for the sequel. For now it is on Steam Greenlight (it was greenlit in December):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93144364

I get that people are sick of hearing about UW here. Believe me I can't wait to kick it out for good and show things on Sovereign. But I didn't want the two games to be worlds apart so I lined up Underworld with its sequel's standard.

I have several new combat music tracks HHR ;)

Thanks Myrthos, and everyone :)

ElderGnome It's an updated version, built with the engine meant for the sequel. For now it is on Steam Greenlight (it was greenlit in December):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93144364

I get that people are sick of hearing about UW here. Believe me I can't wait to kick it out for good and show things on Sovereign. But I didn't want the two games to be worlds apart so I lined up Underworld with its sequel's standard.

I have several new combat music tracks HHR ;)

If I buy this game via your website, do I get steam key please?

I like to buy direct since you will get most of the money but I also like to have games on steam, hence the question :)

If I buy this game via your website, do I get steam key please?

I like to buy direct since you will get most of the money but I also like to have games on steam, hence the question :)

I'm not sure how this works yet but I'll do my best to accomodate :)

There were demo and drm free versions on the site and there will be again with the new release. For now I removed access to the old one to avoid confusion.

So was more content added to the game since the original release? I only played it right after you first put it out there. I'm not sure if your changes were all engine/graphics or if you fleshed out the gameplay too.

So was more content added to the game since the original release? I only played it right after you first put it out there. I'm not sure if your changes were all engine/graphics or if you fleshed out the gameplay too.

the version you played had 17 areas and both the gold and DE release have 20. There were also new NPCs added, as well as items.

There's a bigger difference content-wise between pre-gold and gold than there is between gold and DE. This one was about interface, multi-platform and externalizing files for localization (French at least). And performance. The previous engine couldn't handle too much content so open world wasn't possible for Sovereign. It is now :)

Then there are other things like the inventory and how the items work. That changed entirely.

Cool, well I can wait till November 3rd. It'll give me something to play while waiting for Fallout 4 to show up.

That trailer looks great! The interface enhancements and the new art for the environments and monsters make me want to jump in and play again. I was already a fan of the gold version, but this looks even better. Can't wait.

What is the difference between Sovereign and Underworld?

I'll buy this; I have disposable income and I love supporting games like this I just want to wait for the "final versions" :D

Sovereign is the sequel to Underworld that required building a new engine. I then used that engine to rebuild Underworld so the two can have the same quality level. Underworld is an old game now, getting a big facelift. Sovereign is still an unborn game.

It'll become clearer once Underworld DE is released and new things I show only come from Sovereign.

Here's a three year old post I wrote announcing Sovereign.

http://www.olderbytes.com/swords-and-sorcery-sequel-to-underworld-announcement.html

and another showing the world map:

http://www.olderbytes.com/sovereign-world-map.html

Now you know why some people are angry with me. But it'll be better soon because I have some pretty neat things to show once I finally kick Underworld out the door. For good.

If I show more Sovereign stuff before then I fear it can only add to the confusion. But i can't help mentionning Sovereign once in a while to reassure those few that are waiting for it that it is indeed coming. And that it is surely further along than they expect. ;)

Back
Top Bottom