Skyrim - Why the RPG Hate at Rampant Games

What I don't understand, is that most people I talk to think the new Transformers movies are pretty bad - and yet they've all seen them all in the theater.

I saw only the first one in the theatre.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Hell, I'm expecting some kind of Star Trek Holosuit any day now :p No need for imagination or stats when everything you see is crystal clear and you have adrenaline pumping action. Best action games I had growing up were Pac-Man, Galaga and Burger Time. Sure they were fun, but not nearly close to the action packed adrenaline pumping games they have today.

Was it someone on this site who linked to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQR49JGySTM

Everything changes in cycles. Now cRPG's are cool again along with table top rpg's. Look how well a hardcore crpg like Divinity:OS2 sold. I call it the Harry Potter effect. Get the younger generation hungry for fantasy and new games, movies, books and computer games will follow. D&D is more popular then ever.

The IGN article mentioned Game of Thrones and how wrong he was. Now one of the most popular books and TV series in history. You can have all different kinds of fantasy settings and there are usually a few that you will enjoy.

So remember, the next time someone says crpg's are dead and fantasy in general, remember a new golden age is right around the corner :)

Back
Top Bottom