Archon Remade

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Archon has been remade and is now available from reactgames. It's called Archon Classic and if you ever played the original you'll know how much fun this game was. I played the original on my C64 and had a blast playing against friends.

It's still pre-beta, but with a pre-order they're letting you download the game now. The funny thing about this game is that it has the option to have the old 1980 graphics for your monster or new updated graphics. Seeing that unicorn again brought back a ton of memories (Unicorn was the best unit EVER!!!;))

Anyways, for all of you who didn't play it here is a little background info on the game.

Archon started the strategy/action genre whin it came out in 1983. It featured turn based strategy on the chess-like board, where each team had a variety of pieces to move around. When they met on a square, however, it turned to fast paced, real-time action where the pieces had to fight it out to gain control of that square.

This is the long awaited remake of that classic game, featuring updated visuals, but leaving the original gameplay untouched.

Tons of fun. If you like chess and real time action give this one look see.

When I was growing up, my sister and I used to play Archon on our old Atari 800. It was awesome we'd stay pissed off at each other for days after playing for hours on end. It came packaged in one of those old Electronic Arts (IE MULE, Seven Cities of Gold) foldout packages that had a roughly 8 x 8 folder with the floppy and documentation contained inside. What a great game, I hope it has some sort of online play.

My brother and I used to play this to death, until he couldn't kick my ass with ease anymore as I got older ;)

Back
Top Bottom