Underworld - Definitive Edition released

I've only played an hour but I haven't survived outside of the tutorial! :D

From the looks of it, this is a hardcore crawler, which is something that I'm sure you all know I greatly appreciate (Elminage Gothic fan and all). I dig it so far! Gotta play more soon and get out of that brutal tutorial! :p

One quick criticism, if I may. It seems there isn't much experimentation to be had in the party creation. Other than a few racial choices, the classes available pretty much make up the "perfect default party". I would have liked maybe double the amount of available classes so we could craft a more experimental and unique party. Example - Elminage Gothic. You can choose your "Rogue" type character to be a Thief, Hunter, Bard, etc.

However, the game looks great on my 55" display and should be a real joy to delve into deeper. :)

@Fluent More extensive character development is in the works for Sovereign. Here you only get to play with attributes.

edit - Actually some people tried different party compositions as well, like two sorcerers but no paladin. But that only goes so far.

Not sure what you mean by the tutorial… The inn rooms? It shouldn't be such a chore. Keep in mind characters that are down are only unconscious until hit a second time and can be healed. If hit again they die…

If you didn't get the update just PM me your email again. It might have changed since? I remember you buying it so no problem.

Nah, I'll just buy it again when I'm ready to play. Not a big deal to me. If you really want to send it my nick at yahoo will get it done. Might need a com in there somewhere too.

Nah, I'll just buy it again when I'm ready to play. Not a big deal to me. If you really want to send it my nick at yahoo will get it done. Might need a com in there somewhere too.

It was a tough nut to crack but I broke your code, updated the records and sent you a key. :)

You'll also get the next email with the drm-free download update.

My biggest advice to newbies is save, Save, SAVE!! Death is only one step away at any time!! :)

Charles, congratulations on getting this done! I downloaded and tested the new version and it looks great.

Since my party in the Gold edition is level 10, I decided not to restart in the DE. Apart from revisiting known territory, my main reason is the movement. In the Gold edition I really like the ease of mousewheel to go forwards/backwards, left click to turn left and right click to turn right. In the DE the left click is gone and it's much clunkier to use the arrows on top. So my plea for a patch for Underworld (and also for Sovereign) is to bring back the left click to turn left as a movement option.

I've enjoyed this game since the first edition came out, so I will be awating Sovereign! How long I don't know, maybe two years? Looking forward to it.

Sorry I missed that Notorious. Actually mousewheel still works, clicking left on the left Arrow turns left and clicking right still turns right. So if you keep the cursor on the left arrow it still works pretty much the same as before.

I'll be posting updates on Sovereign soon. :)

I got my new party to lvl 7 and to the dwarf town. The new items I bought at the shop have helped a lot. I am not sure if it is a bug but the buffs bless and heroism stay on the party after you stay at an inn. I am not complaining because so far I usually go back to the inns and do not rest in the dungeons.

I hope he nerfed the thief's bleeding ability toward the end of the game because it's one of the most unbalanced skills I ever used in an RPG. The thief bleeds out all the most powerful monsters.

Back
Top Bottom