Alienware Gaming Laptop for sale

I'm a desktop guy, but that's a sweet laptop.

I'm a desktop guy, but that's a sweet laptop.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. I enjoy it a lot, but now that I have built a PC for gaming, it's a bit expendable.

It would make a gorgeous Steam client laptop for Steam In-Home Streaming, if anyone is into that sort of thing. Have your desktop PC upstairs but stream to the laptop anywhere in the house, including in front of your TV. Just get an HDMI cable and you have a mobile Steam machine for any TV in the house. :)

Nice laptop :)

But it takes very little to stream from Steam - and any half-decent rig will do that, no sweat.

Nice laptop :)

But it takes very little to stream from Steam - and any half-decent rig will do that, no sweat.

Eh, I've had mixed results with lesser laptops. My Dell XPS laptop, for example, didn't want to do full 1080p @ 60 FPS too well.

This Alienware will not only do 1080p 60 FPS no problem, but the display is gorgeous and is the nicest screen I've ever seen on a laptop.

Of course, you don't only have to stream. The laptop is capable of playing many games at high graphical settings with the 7970m GPU. This laptop can be an ultimate mobile gaming center, if you'd like. Add the Blu-Ray capability and it's really a fun toy to play with. =)

The steam link is only $100 and that includes a steam controller. Much cheaper option to stream steam to your TV.

The nvidia shield pro will stream steam, grid and android games to any tv I have for $199.

My nvidia shield pro will stream steam,grid and play android games anywhere I can get internet for $199.

I had a gaming laptop and dumped it for these smaller more mobile devices. Carrying the laptop, mouse and power cords if you want to game longer than a few hours was just too annoying. Not to mention I personally find laptop keyboards very hard on my wrists.

Looks like a nice laptop and I hope you can sell it but for me, I don't see any point in ever owning one again.

Laying in bed with a gorgeous display laptop on your lap and gaming while relaxing in bed is a reason to own a nice gaming laptop. =)

Laying in bed with a gorgeous display laptop on your lap and gaming while relaxing in bed is a reason to own a nice gaming laptop. =)

Doesn't it get terribly hot holding that laptop on your lap? I can't imagine a gaming laptop pushing its gpu to the max not getting warm. I can't game anything more serious than some touch-screen only games while in bed. I can't even enjoy a console game in bed or laying down anywhere. I have to be upright.

Also, I personally can't see the point of gaming on the move. That it, since I don't move a lot. If I were to commute maybe I could imagine it. But even then, I'd feel watched by other people and couldn't enjoy my time. No. For it has to be on a desktop machine. I don't think I would trade a big resolution display for mobility.

Doesn't it get terribly hot holding that laptop on your lap? I can't imagine a gaming laptop pushing its gpu to the max not getting warm. I can't game anything more serious than some touch-screen only games while in bed. I can't even enjoy a console game in bed or laying down anywhere. I have to be upright.

Are you kidding? I watched 3 glorious seasons of Game Thrones on my laptop on a bed with a 1080p screen in my face for 2 days, and no burns. But it threw my back out. Never again. :)

Yes, the shield tablet would work great for that I suppose, but don't most people just have a TV in their bedroom that they could game from if they wanted?

I think a laptop like that would be best used as a desktop replacement and taken on trips to a cabin or hotel where you could set it up like a desktop. My thoughts anyway.

Laptops are immersive. You can put on a great pair of headphones and fully immerse yourself in the game very easily (and comfortably) in bed. Turn the lights off, prop the pillows up on your bed so you are resting comfortably, put the laptop on a cooling pad on your lap and a wireless mouse in your other hand. It really is nice, trust me. =)

Laptops are immersive. You can put on a great pair of headphones and fully immerse yourself in the game very easily (and comfortably) in bed. Turn the lights off, prop the pillows up on your bed so you are resting comfortably, put the laptop on a cooling pad on your lap and a wireless mouse in your other hand. It really is nice, trust me. =)

I guess I didn't get that level of immersion from my gaming laptop but different people enjoy different stuff.:)

Bedroom TVs don't really compare to a 1080p laptop on your stomach. Try it sometime.

HMm, not sure my bedroom TV is a 39" 4k led. With satellite and Internet for streaming.

Not even close for the immersion. You need your whole peripheral vision stimulated by 1080p. Almost VR.

Ok, how about my 34" 21:9 curved 4k monitor about 18 inches from my face. Does that qualify?:biggrin:

Yes, and how does that work when you are lying in bed?

Dang, got me again. That does it I'm selling my stuff, buying fluent's laptop and super gluing it to my chest for the most immersive mobile experience ever.:lol:

Sure, if you want your bed to catch fire.

A nice laptop though. I have a feeling you'll be able to unload it within a week on craigslist for about $1100 range.

Last edited:
If you'd like to offer me $1100, jpnole, maybe I would consider it. It's a great laptop. :nod:

Hey folks!

Quick update. I need to pay house taxes soon, so I need to sell this laptop. First $1200 takes it. It is freshly upgraded to Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, and has plenty of life left for excellent full 1080p viewing on the gorgeous 17" screen.

Please consider buying this, it's a great laptop. Any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!

- Fluent

Back
Top Bottom