HitchBOT destroyed in Philadelphia, ending U.S. tour

zahratustra

SasqWatch
"The robot was trying to travel cross-country after successfully hitchhiking across Canada last year and parts of Europe.
It set out from Marblehead, Massachusetts, two weeks ago in July with the goal of reaching San Francisco, but never made it off the East Coast"
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/h...hiladelphia-ending-u-s-tour-1.3177098?cmp=rss

What is it about you Americans? First Cecil and now HitchBOT. You guys just can't leave things be? :)

They probably shot it, just to be on the safe side.

Social experiment ? Then it's been a troll, maybe. That's why the photo. Perhaps even made by the troll.

Or someone was drunk, destroyed it, and someone else made a photo of the result much later.

I remember Newspapers saying it had been in Germany several months ago.

Anyway, the message to the world outside is clear now : Philadelphia is anti-social. :lol:

One day, in a not so distant future, we'll look at this incident as what first caused the war between humans and robots.
No offense humans, but my money is on the robots. :p

Last edited:
1- Tweakers most likely thought they could improve on it as they got even higher on crystal Meth.

2- The Kardashian felt threatened that it would take some of the spot light away from them and they have already played their trump card by changing Jenner into a woman.

3- Donald Trump can now use this as part of his campaign tour to clean up the streets from Robot smashing criminals.

But seriously why would anyone do this as it seems pointless to me.

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly Celtic. Mindless stupidity raises its ugly head.

A troll might want exactly our reaction.
A drunk person perhaps hasn't even realized that this was not a human being ...

My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone build a stupid hitchhiking robot? The thought that someone even thought of this useless idea is infuriating, never mind actually building it, and people paying attention to it.

You have yet to COME BACK from Australia!!!! MuHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

You got me.

pibbur who now realizes he actually has to go down under. Somewhere. Some time (as long as it's summer. Up here in the north. Something slightly winterish down there.).

One day, in a not so distant future, we'll look at this incident as what first caused the war between humans and robots.
No offense humans, but my money is on the robots. :p

Money, which you, if you're right, will lose, of course. Despite winning…..

"No one will have the endurance
To collect on his insurance,
Lloyd's of london will be loaded when they go."

pibbur who imagines being ext…..hello….hello….is there anybody out there?…?..?…

Last edited:
No worries pibbur, you're too weird to be counted among humans. :p
As for me, I'm Always on the winning side.

Courtesy of the people that boo'd Santa Claus and required a courtroom right in their football stadium...

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. HitchBoT will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

I've been to Philly, doesn't surprise me at all what happened to this alien.

This

While there are some decent parts of historic Philly, for the most part the city is a dump. Im actually surprised it made it that far. That would have happened in just about every large US city (and most of the smaller cities too). I wonder how many times it was actually left out to get another ride, or if it was one person that took it from Massachusetts to Philadelphia

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. HitchBoT will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

HitchBoT 2. He's back. And now he's furious!!!

Pibbur who feels this HitchBoT will not be restricted by the laws of robotics.

Hope the little guy has better luck on his next tour.
Preferably, better armed this time, and without those pesky "Do not shoot humans" AI restrictions. :p

Back
Top Bottom