Original Sin - Update #8, Single Player, Talents and Traits

I want the box and the map. I'm a sucker for a good map.

The problem I see with Original Sin (and the reason why I'd never plede 100+ $ to it as I've done with others) is that it doesn't have anything that sets it apart. This problem actually permeates all the Divinity's. There's some humour, some world interactivity, combat is some fun as is character building (huge number of skills but many balancing issues).

I'm a bit surprised by this response. I can't speak about previous divinities as I didn't like the combat in them enough to put significant time into them.

As for OS though I think it does quite a bit to set it apart.( assuming they pull them off)
The dialog and interaction between the 2 main characters seems quite unique. I can't think of any games I've played that have done that to the degree they are trying.

They have the spell combinations such as freezing, then hit with fire to melt then get a bonus by hitting them with lighting which will also give you a bonus when it's raining. The weapon crafting sounds great and if they pull off the ability to interact with pretty much everything in the game that would be impressive. These things aren't ground breaking but they are not run of the mill either and are even more rare to see in the same game.

I think of the old school kickstarters OS might be one of the most innovative. Those are just a few things that set it apart for me.

Uhm… DivDiv's gameplay was an amalgam of Ultima 7's cutesy NPCs and world interactivity with Diablo-esque combat and character building. What exactly is it that you find unique about the Divinity's?

Hmmm, for the record in the first 15 minutes of Ultima 7 you are dealing with drug abuse, bullying and murder...I wouldn't say it was so cutesy.

Welp, the Fellowship alone is more like a YMCA gone awry than a fiendish cult, and sniffing out drug-using teens and cheating husbands is on the same page.

Back
Top Bottom