Rebel Galaxy - From Torchlight & Blizzard Devs

aries100

SasqWatch
Polygon brings news that the creators of Torchlight and Diablo are working on a new game, called Rebel Galaxy.

In March they left Runic, launched themselves into the black of space and never looked back.Their new company is called Double Damage Games, and the result of their work - now ready to show to the public for the first time - is called Rebel Galaxy.
A quote on how they see the game:

Baldree and Schaefer insist that what makes Rebel Galaxy different from the games they've made in the past is the way the story will unfold, and how players will have the opportunity to create and play a role. "The funny thing is," Baldree said, "we did all these action role-playing games in the past, but Rebel Galaxy is more of a role-playing game than any of them were. You can have conversations with people and the things you say have consequences that matter.
More information.

I knew about the game from last month when it was announced. I just didn't think anyone would be interested in a front-page post about it. Here is a new trailer.:)

Last edited:
It sort of weird to see all those space games being made.

Are we back in the 90s?

It sort of weird to see all those space games being made.

Are we back in the 90s?

No, I hope not :cool: I do think, however, that the succes of say Bioware's Mass Effect games has had an impact ;) on the decision to make space games...

Did I hear a touch of Firefly in that twangy guitar? It looks like a space opera cRPG, so count me interested...

Hell yeah, I'm interested.

I don't think it's the success of mass effect that spawns these though, Star Citizen and Elite more likely. I think it was Dart who said a couple of weeks ago that not only RPG's but also Space sims will have a renaissance. I certainly hope so.

Back
Top Bottom