Game Informer - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Yeah looks like they went with one of the other endings.

Regardless of how you played the game (i.e. pacifist, weapons, or both) you can earn the Achievement Deus Ex Machina by simply selecting one of the buttons and watching or skipping the credits. (Make sure you talk to Taggart and Sarif first or you will not get access to their "buttons.") After watching, or skipping, you can continue (you will start at the opening to the control room) and choose another ending. Do this until you have watched, or skipped through, all four endings and you will unlock the Deus Ex Machina Achievement.

Darrow Endings

• "Good" Darrow Ending - Despite keeping a compassionate attitude toward people, Adam realized how dangerous technological advancement and centralized power could be. Adam chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
  • "Neutral" Darrow Ending - Seeing technology as a simple tool, not a way to make choices simpler and easier, Adam realizes the danger in technological advancement and centralized power. He chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
  • "Evil" Darrow Ending - Seeing how augmentations kept him from helping other humans in need, and knowing the power that they give to individuals, Adam realizes how dangerous technological advancement and centralized power could be. Adam chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
Sarif Endings

• "Good" Sarif Ending - Seeing how he was compassionate to other people out of sheer necessity, not just moral boundaries, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
  • "Neutral" Sarif Ending - Hoping that Humanity will someday overcome selfishness through technological advancement, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
  • "Evil" Sarif Ending - Although he was inconsiderate to other human beings, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
Taggart Endings

• "Good" Taggart Ending - Although he kept a sense of morality, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
  • "Neutral" Taggart Ending - Seeing how morality is not a reliable constraint to all people, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
  • "Evil" Taggart Ending - Seeing himself how hard it was to put other people before himself, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
Eliza Endings

• "Good" Eliza Ending - Despite doing the right thing himself, Adam knows not to leave the choice to powerful individuals, himself included. He depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
  • "Neutral" Eliza Ending - Comparing himself, Darrow, Taggart, and Sarif to overly ambitious men with unrealistic beliefs of what is right for the world, Adam depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
  • "Evil" Eliza Ending - Seeing as how he rarely had other people's best interests in mind, Adam knows not to leave the choice to powerful individuals. He depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
Hard to tell which one though what do you think?o_O

Yeah the whole button thing at the end was my biggest disappointment, even worse than the boss fights.

I loved the rest though.

Yeah looks like they went with one of the other endings.

Regardless of how you played the game (i.e. pacifist, weapons, or both) you can earn the Achievement Deus Ex Machina by simply selecting one of the buttons and watching or skipping the credits. (Make sure you talk to Taggart and Sarif first or you will not get access to their "buttons.") After watching, or skipping, you can continue (you will start at the opening to the control room) and choose another ending. Do this until you have watched, or skipped through, all four endings and you will unlock the Deus Ex Machina Achievement.

Darrow Endings

• "Good" Darrow Ending - Despite keeping a compassionate attitude toward people, Adam realized how dangerous technological advancement and centralized power could be. Adam chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
  • "Neutral" Darrow Ending - Seeing technology as a simple tool, not a way to make choices simpler and easier, Adam realizes the danger in technological advancement and centralized power. He chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
  • "Evil" Darrow Ending - Seeing how augmentations kept him from helping other humans in need, and knowing the power that they give to individuals, Adam realizes how dangerous technological advancement and centralized power could be. Adam chooses to expose the Illuminati and Augmentation technology.
Sarif Endings

• "Good" Sarif Ending - Seeing how he was compassionate to other people out of sheer necessity, not just moral boundaries, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
  • "Neutral" Sarif Ending - Hoping that Humanity will someday overcome selfishness through technological advancement, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
  • "Evil" Sarif Ending - Although he was inconsiderate to other human beings, Adam sees more danger in a technology-fearing future than a morally questionable one. Hoping for a future where technological advances will make morality obsolete, he blames the hallucinations on Humanity Front.
Taggart Endings

• "Good" Taggart Ending - Although he kept a sense of morality, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
  • "Neutral" Taggart Ending - Seeing how morality is not a reliable constraint to all people, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
  • "Evil" Taggart Ending - Seeing himself how hard it was to put other people before himself, Adam knows the danger of a society bound only by morals. He puts the Illuminati in a position of power by blaming the hallucinations on VersaLife's supposedly contaminated Neuropozyne.
Eliza Endings

• "Good" Eliza Ending - Despite doing the right thing himself, Adam knows not to leave the choice to powerful individuals, himself included. He depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
  • "Neutral" Eliza Ending - Comparing himself, Darrow, Taggart, and Sarif to overly ambitious men with unrealistic beliefs of what is right for the world, Adam depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
  • "Evil" Eliza Ending - Seeing as how he rarely had other people's best interests in mind, Adam knows not to leave the choice to powerful individuals. He depressurizes Panchaea, killing everyone on board.
Hard to tell which one though what do you think?o_O

Just like DX -> IW, all of them at the same time and not. The world fearing augmented is going to be in regardless of any choices because of what happened at the end of the game (thanks Tai Yong Medical), but it doesn't exclude the other choices from being supported by different factions in Mankind Divided either.

For people wondering about the year 2029 the only known event that year know so far is…
JC Denton's birth.
I still think having a game in the 2030s would be cooler, but we might get there.

I don't care for Jensen much, I just want to hear Stephen Shellen again. He did a superb job in DX:HR and if god exists he should replay the role as David in upcoming DX:HR movie.

There is an upcoming movie?

There is an upcoming movie?

Sorta, they are still working on the script.

edit:

Looks like Neogaf already has bullet points from the GI magazine preview.

edit2: there is spoiler for an early mission of the game in the neogaf thread. It sound awesome, I might yet not mind getting to play as Jensen again after reading that. Although, arm-canon PEG gun, was this really necessary?

Last edited:
These games will have an influence on how we and those who follow us will treat "transhumans" / "cyborgs" in RL.

I can't wait to see how they'll justify taking away all of Jensen's augs at the beginning of the sequel.

The Missing Link used a "factory reset" to reset Jensen's aug for the DLC content. So there is a precedent already.

In the Game Informer article, they mention that there is twice as many augmentations in the game. Some might be "stock" now (<= my speculation) and

Interpol/Task Force 29 gives a bunch of new augmentations (weapons) to Jensen. So some stuff might be turned off by them at the start too.

Last edited:
In the Game Information article, they mention that there is twice as many augmentations in the game.

Well hopefully there's an element of choice this time around. It was possible to get pretty much every augmentation in a single playthrough in HR.

Loved DEHR, so I'm pretty pumped. I so rarely get engaged by non-fantasy, but I've enjoyed DE, DEHR, and SS2 a bunch.

Even if this became just "Human Revolution 2.0," I would enjoy it, so I look forward to Mankind Divided.

That being said, I really hope that they are more ambitious with the level design, which felt far too "scripted" and obvious, as if they didn't trust the player enough to be able to experiment and think beyond "Pick corridor A for an action approach, pick corridor B for stealth."

Even if this became just "Human Revolution 2.0," I would enjoy it, so I look forward to Mankind Divided.

That being said, I really hope that they are more ambitious with the level design, which felt far too "scripted" and obvious, as if they didn't trust the player enough to be able to experiment and think beyond "Pick corridor A for an action approach, pick corridor B for stealth."

This is the big difference for me. The original had huge environments and you had a ton of freedom to explore however you wanted. In HR it was super tiny levels which were very limited and linear. That's why it was so forgettable.

I can't wait to see how they'll justify taking away all of Jensen's augs at the beginning of the sequel.

Amnesia. Isn't that the classic trick? Opps I fell and bumped my head I forgot all of my abilities from last time. The Trailer does show him floating in water so maybe he drowns they pull him out and have to re-augment him.

This is the big difference for me. The original had huge environments and you had a ton of freedom to explore however you wanted. In HR it was super tiny levels which were very limited and linear. That's why it was so forgettable.

I really have to assume you're talking about IW - unless it's another case of your frequent breaks from reality :)

Yes, the original had large levels with a lot of empty space - as was the norm with the Unreal engine near its release. Unreal itself had very similar levels in terms of huge empty space. That was very impressive back in the day, because we were used to much smaller levels, like in Quake.

IW had what I would call tiny levels that were almost entirely linear.

HR had quite large levels and what I would consider very large hubs. Yes, the alternate routes were too obvious - and that's what I think they need to work on.

I certainly don't hope they aim to make levels larger just to add empty space. It'd be great with larger levels - but if that means less content density and exploration is simply spread out for no reason, then I don't see the upside. Well, unless the levels call for it.

If you take a look at something like the Harbor level - you'd have to be more or less insane to call that a tiny level.

I like large empty space when it's part of the proper feel of a level, but if it's just to say you have large levels - it's a waste. I think the original Deus Ex had a ton of what I would consider wasted space.

Amnesia. Isn't that the classic trick? Opps I fell and bumped my head I forgot all of my abilities from last time. The Trailer does show him floating in water so maybe he drowns they pull him out and have to re-augment him.
Amnesia... Not really.
G2 used an explosion from which your character gets hurt so bad you need to train up back.
In ME2 the hero died and is revived through some technological process and now you need to retrain skills.

Since Jensen is augmented, they can easily do some chip corrupted thing or something similar where he loses all (extra) upgrades from HR like Icarus or Tachyon. I don't think you'll start without any aug skill.

Back
Top Bottom