Dead State - Release Today

killias2

Disastrous Fate
According to today's Kickstarter Update, Dead State is being released today!

This is it - Dead State is finally out! I know I’ve said this many times before, but truly, this game could not exist without Kickstarter and backers like you. Delivering the game we promised has been an obsession for us, and while we worked many long days and nights to create it, the release day has finally come. Thank you all for your patience and your patronage!
Please check out our last Kickstarter update for an FAQ and details about how to get your Steam copy if you haven't yet. Those who opted for non-Steam will start seeing their GOG codes arriving in their KS message boxes shortly. For those who backed at a physical reward tier, rest assured that getting those straightened out is our first priority post-launch!

Don't forget to take a look at our manual - Dead State is a complex game with a lot of depth, so this is a very helpful resource for anyone hoping to master combat and exploration!

If you have any questions about Dead State, the launch, or anything else, the absolute fastest way to get them addressed is to post them on Dead State's forums; devs, mods, and veteran Early Access players are available to help you out, especially those of you playing the game for the first time!
Personally, I'm already behind on Divinity, Wasteland 2, Lords of the Fallen, and Dragon Age Inquisition, but I can't wait to get to Dead State and give it a proper try.

More information.

Woohoo!

This has been flying so consistenly under the radar I wonder where to even look for the eventual consensus on its assessment (apart from here, the codex and gamebanshee).

I need more time to play games -> 2014 the year of many good CRPGs.

Didn't buy, won't buy.
I need some serious input on this one first. It looks to me as something I'd hate.

Didn't buy, won't buy.
I need some serious input on this one first. It looks to me as something I'd hate.

You seem rather direct (to put it mildly) in communication. Wonder how people react to you in real life
;-)

Didn't buy, won't buy.

Yet you instabought DA:I, from a company which you supposedly can't stand (EA). That game has an insane amount of respawns which you also supposedly hate, yet you've sunk how many hours into it?

You're a funny one, joxer. :)

Well I had forgotten about this one. It's been in the oven for a long time. Glad to see it make the light of day. Need to try it out. :)

There is was a demo Steam early access, and it's now for sale on Steam and GoG, although it's not an old game. ;)

Last edited:
I forgot it was releasing on the 4th.

I guess, I'll have to install it (I backed it, avoided the beta), but until I'm done with my DAI playthrough...it might take a few weeks before I touch it.

You seem rather direct (to put it mildly) in communication. Wonder how people react to you in real life
;-)
They adore my bluntness.
Or to quote the usual comment: "I love your honest and blunt comments!"

Yet you instabought DA:I, from a company which you supposedly can't stand (EA). That game has an insane amount of respawns which you also supposedly hate, yet you've sunk how many hours into it?

You're a funny one, joxer. :)
Not really. Didn't instabuy the game, still hate the company.
I didn't know the game has insane respawn rate - not a single person or reviewer mentioned it (did they actually play the game I wonder).

And honestly, did you see anyone mention it before I did? I think I was the first one who brought it up a an serious issue. Not only that, I didn't keep it just here, it's all over Bioware forum and EA answers HQ now.
I'm not a doublefaced person who'll post one thing here, and another on official forum. I hate it and they know I hate it.
If I wasn't first who pointed at the design crime, sorry everyone who mentioned it before I did. All I know is I'm not the last, after my posts, others came with the same thoughts.

Dunno now how many hours I sunk into it, but see… I don't tend to praise something then leave it unfinished in the middle.
Some people do.

Yea, I didn't praise, I was criticizing… Of course I did! I played the whole game to know exactly what sucks and where. And what doesn't suck and where. And what's superb and what far below mediocrity.
If I left it unfinished, like someone did with The Last Remnant, how on earth would I know anything about the game really? Nohow. Without finishing it, noone can really know if requisitions, for example, count. And they don't count, they're grinding filler that should be skipped.
Now google internet and find anyone who'll tell you the truth about requisitions, please. Maybe someone did wrote it already, not just me. But if noone dared, well I did.

And to you I'm funny. To me, you're… Well… Not listening to your game recommendations since that port back then. Sorry about that.

Dead State has the tag "zombies" on Steam.
I was honest when I said it looks to me as I'll hate the game. So I'll wait for some serious input on the game. After DA3, I don't want another respawn-o-rama on my PC. And I'm pretty sure people who buy it will write here exactly how the game plays.

Last edited:
They adore my bluntness.
Or to quote the usual comment: "I love your honest and blunt comments!"

Not really. Didn't instabuy the game, still hate the company.
I didn't know the game has insane respawn rate - not a single person or reviewer mentioned it (did they actually play the game I wonder).

And honestly, did you see anyone mention it before I did?

If you bought the game near retail, you absolutely did instabuy it. You supported the company by buying a game near full price(not super steep discount). You absolutely have no right to complain about buying an EA product near release. They will continue to make games like they do, with bugs that they have, etc, because people like YOU buy the game right away.

Yea, I should criticize something without buying and seeing it.
I have EVERY RIGHT TO CRITICIZE A PRODUCT I PAID FOR if it sux.
If you think I don't have that right, well, I don't know what world you're living in. In fact, I have a farted phone I need to sell over ebay. Poor sod who buys it doesn't have, per your logic, any right to complain.

Retail? What bloody retail are you talking about?
Look pal. Sorry. This is not Codex forum. When it becomes it, I'll take my fat arse elsewhere. But till that happens, please, don't preach codexian crap to me again.

If you bought the game near retail, you absolutely did instabuy it. You supported the company by buying a game near full price(not super steep discount). You absolutely have no right to complain about buying an EA product near release. They will continue to make games like they do, with bugs that they have, etc, because people like YOU buy the game right away.
It is not a problem that he bought it, it is a problem that he didn't return it within 24h.
As a most vocal EA hater here (at least until DAI) he failed.
Now he is a EA fan.

It is not a problem that he bought it, it is a problem that he didn't return it within 24h.
Now he is a EA fan.
Ignorelist+1
Next!
It' a love hate relationship. I know, complicated. When you've lived life a little more you may understand. :)
LOL nah.
It'd be… LOL. LoL. League of Legends. I love it although I hate MMOs.

But let's put that aside. Dead State. Zombie game.
Details please.

At a first glance the game's looking much better than it did in early access (I didn't acompany the whole process, but when it started it was showing a lot of problems). But still... This kind of game should have voice acting. I mean, it's supposed to be (and it is) old-school and the combat phase is quite tactical, but at the same time there's a noticeable effort to adapt Romero's style. And a Romero movie isn't really about gathering guns and provisions and fighting the undead, it's about the survivors, the ties between them, the relationships, the dialogues, the tension among them, the complex web of emotions and fears, the way each one deals with the situation. The game, again on first glance, appears to cover all that, but the mellow soundtrack and the lack of voice acting is ruining it for me (althouh that didn't come as a surprise, I already knew that... but what a shame).
Anyway, I don't know if it was a bug they forgot to squash (if it was, what a bloody thing to forget!) but I couldn't customize my character's appearance, even though the button is there. I tried changing the screen resolution and still nothing happened. Anybody had the same problem?

Now he is a EA fan.

You can't return opened games nowadays from my experience.

If someone buys someone near release, for near full price, from a company they hate, then they deserve whatever crappy product they get. They are supporting the company they hate and all that comes with it.

Great news! I am updating right now from the latest beta.

This one has been on my wishlist for many months. Won't allow myself to buy anything new until I clear out my backlog a little bit, but I'll get this one sometime soon. Looking forward to some reviews, folks. Let's hear if they made a good game.

Back
Top Bottom