Wasteland 2 - WIP Screenshot Soon

I didn't expect it that soon either. Time to get a glimpse of where our investment is taking us :)

Blimey, didn't expect that for another 6 months...Cool.

Lot's of veterans on the team so I expect a very good game at the least.

That is an announcement and not a pre-announcement. If it said "We are going to announce a new screenshot next week" then it would have been a pre-announcement.

PS. I hope this game will actually get my interest where other post-apocalyptic games haven't in the past.

…and here it is.

"Please keep in mind that we have not put in the particle effects and post-processing which will have a dramatic effect on the scene, and this represents just one of the various environments for Wasteland 2 so expect to see other quite different locales. Also, this particular camera angle is on the low end of a range that the player can adjust upwards to a much more top-down view, for those who prefer that style during game play."

Actually, I prefer that to a top-down view. I wonder if we'll be able to zoom in/out as well.

Definitely not bad. I hope the characters end up being more detailed, but it looks very promising based on that.

Looks too saturated.. i did a quick color match to the palette of Van Buren:
http://piclair.com/data/2yr3d.jpg

i think i would prefer it more like that.. but i believe he mentioned they may implement a way to choose different color palettes. I remember you could do that in FarCry, it even had a cell shader, wish more games would have that.

i think the original does look a little bright but to me its spot on. this seems to be similar to many of the problems people had with new vegas but once again these are probably coming from people who haven't spent a whole lot of time in the mojave desert or others for that matter. the desert is usually bright, sunny and full of orangish hues. since light, and the percieving of it is based on what is on the ground, blue and green hues which a desert comes up quite short on really have litttle place in a "true" color palette though i will agree they would make it look slightly more appealing, though lacking in reality.

also you can tell by the shadows that its late in the afternoon, or approaching dusk, which even if it weren't in the desert would be full of red/orange hues.

Back
Top Bottom