Avernum 2: Crystal Souls - Mid -January Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thank you for the link and information Kordanor.:thumbsup:

Now a quick question have any of you participated in the beta? If you did please share your impression of the game, or just say if it's improved over the first one.

Aye it had an NDA but you can still say certain things. I do this all the time with games I beta tested. After getting calcification you just can't give out certain details.

So you see you can still say yes the game is better or no it is worse.;)

Anyway I just wanted to know if the game is improved because his Avadon games are his best to for me. I hope combat and movement work the same this time.

It pretty much depends on the NDA. With some NDAs you aren't even allow to tell anyone that you even play it. Have no idea about spiderwebs NDA though.

Why do you prefer Avadon over Avernum?

Why do you prefer Avadon over Avernum?
I find the combat and movement system better in the Avadon games. As I just bought the games prequel on GOG, and find it weird how it works.

One example is how the the games NPC's in towns wont move unless you do. In the Avadon games they moved on their own, and you could interact with them better.

I actually think that's kind of cool in Avernum. I haven't played a ton yet but it definitely seems like a game that's right up my alley. But is the game truly "paused" when you're not moving? That is an interesting design decision.

How is that cool Fluent? As I can't get used to how it works.o_O

So is this another rehash of an older game?

Didn't even come to my attention that there was a difference in NPC movement in these games. ^^

@Rune_74

Yes, it's the Second Part in the "Avernum" Row.
And it's the Third Version of that.

Well your lucky as the first thing I noticed was how movement was more sluggish. Anyway I'll continue to play the game, and find some way to ignore it.:)
So is this another rehash of an older game?
Yes but Jeff updates the graphics and the plot in his remakes.

It might be cool if the people moved when you moved, just because that's something different. It's like the world is truly paused when you aren't moving. However, I haven't played enough of the game to see what it's really like yet. :)

Didn't even come to my attention that there was a difference in NPC movement in these games. ^^

@Rune_74

Yes, it's the Second Part in the "Avernum" Row.
And it's the Third Version of that.

It's kind of getting ridiculous now isn't it?

I want something new from them, most likely won't bother with this. I have played this game already/

I am looking forward to playing this game. I really enjoyed the first one and I am currently playing Avadon 2 which is a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom