The Movie Quote Thread

I was there on opening night at midnight in my Batman t-shirt (already out of college and gainfully employed, no les) ;)

"Zed's dead baby......Zed's dead."

That's Pulp Fiction ... but it isn't our turn yet - have to wait for someone to get PJ's question right.

(they had a picture of Bruce Willis in boxing gear on ?MSNBC related to the new Rocky film ... made me think of this)

You're right, I shouldn't be trying to cut in line. I just couldn't resist, there's just so many great lines in that movie.

I have to admit though, Prima Junta has me stumped.

Here's another hint: it involves a plot to turn people into hamburger meat for an intergalactic hamburger chain. About an hour into the film, a sheep gets blown up with an RPG.

Sheep are blown to oblivion with rocket launchers, steaming alien vomit is consumed as a delicacy, legions of sledgehammer-toting, human-hungry aliens taunt and torture the heroes, and an entire Victorian home launches into space -- all for a fraction of the budget of the most minimalist independent film of recent years and with ten times the energy
... all this and I see it is available on NetFlix ... what are the chances of getting my wife to watch it with me ... ?

Sounds like something I've heard about: The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. (Don't know about the spelling, but I've never seen the movie itself. And I don't know wheather the director is the same.)

Sounds like something I've heard about: The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. (Don't know about the spelling, but I've never seen the movie itself. And I don't know wheather the director is the same.)
I'll answer 'no' for PJ ... if anything, read the book on that one and *don't* see the movie ... and the director wouldn't be looked at favorably if he were responsible for HHGttG ...

Funny, my older son liked the movie, and then read the book - now he doesn't like the movie any more ..

@Bartacus -- *now* I'm shocked. You mean you haven't read the HHGTTG? How do you know the answer to the great question of Life, the Universe, and Everything then? Or... DON'T you?

(I think I need to go lie down a bit. And IMO txa or JDR might as well give the answer, since nobody on the thread appears to have seen it. Next you'll be telling me you haven't seen Meet the Feebles either...)

I haven't even heard of that movie! And I thought I was a movie freak!

Back
Top Bottom