PS2 Recommendations Plz

A pity you don't like fighting games because those are the only PS2 games I could recommend. Whenever you feel inclined to play some beat'em ups, tell me, and I'll recommend a few games :).

A pity you don't like fighting games because those are the only PS2 games I could recommend. Whenever you feel inclined to play some beat'em ups, tell me, and I'll recommend a few games :).

lol, alrighty then Miss Fisty. ;)

Oookay... let's start with the Tekken series. For the PS2, there are Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 - I prefer TTT out of the bunch, but I'd recommend them all.

Then there are Soul Calibur 2 and 3 (with weapons). Personally, I prefered SC2 (and the XBox version at that - it had Spawn instead of Heihachi), but SC 3 still is a beautiful game. I'm just not too partial to the green girl character they introduced in SC3.

Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore: if you like jiggling breasts, this would be your game ;). But it's good, anyway. Then there's Virtua Figher 4: Evolution. I'm not really a fan of VF, but VF4:E is better than vanilla VF4 - it has more characters and less glitches.

I haven't played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 yet, but I'd like to - it has over 50 characters and wonderful cel-shaded graphics. It's said to be frustatingly difficult, though, so I didn't dare to order it yet.

If you like older games and/or Starlight Express ;), there's the re-release of Fighting Vipers. It looks a bit aged, though, and was a lot better for arcade.

Mortal Kombat: aaaah yes :). I own MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Deception and MK: Alliance for the PS 2. MK:DA is the oldest out ouf the three, MK:A the newest. MK:A has a near-complete roster and a 'make your own fighter' feature, but the Konquest mode - a beat'em up adventure game - is far shorter than in the previous game (MK:Deception), they simplified gameplay even more with the use of only one type of Koin instead of five or six, and some character endings were... um... let's rather NOT talk about it. Personally, I prefer MK:D because of its extensive Konquest mode. And, of course, it has a Tetris clone mini-game.

Thanks to everyone for your great suggestions! I limited myself to 10 games to start. I found everything I initially wanted except two; Medal of Honor: Frontline and God of War. I'm sure I'd easily find them on another store (went to GameStop), but I was too lazy to look, so next time on those babies. Also, I opted for the newer slim design PS2. The teenie-ness (umm...yeah) would be great for taking on the road. :D So anyway, here's the list of 10 I decided on:

Final Fantasy X-2 (FF XII is still $50, so I'll wait awhile on that one.)
Gladius (For when I'm in a turn-based RPG gladiator sort of mood.)
Onimusha Warlords
Killer 7 (Not the most highly rated game, but the nior (sp?) cell shading and unique (to say the least) story are winners in my book.)
James Bond: Everything or Nothing (A must have from the start. I would have actually bought out this one on eBay if that's what it took to get it. All-star voice acting, the gadgets, the chases, original music...and Jaws! Come on! :D )
Medal of Honor: European Assault (To make up for not finding MoH: Frontline.)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (I don't know. It just reminds me of James Bond in the Jungle, plus it got rave reviews all over the net.)
Lord of the Rings: Third Age (Because I love the movies, but not so much the action games based on the movies :p .)
Resident Evil 4 (No surprise there and actually interacting with the great cutscenes is a clincher for sure!)
Xenosaga: Episode I (A deep space RPG and oh-so-purdy to boot.)

Lord of the Rings: Third Age (Because I love the movies, but not so much the action games based on the movies .)

-> Same thing here, but you'll see what I mean with the term: no freedom, straight forward.

My own PS collection:

Final Fantasy (the whole series)
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Metal Gear 3 subsistence
God of War
Resident evil code veronica X (includes a movie that tells bg story of previous games)
Resident evil 4
Grand Turismo4 + 720 degree ps2/pc wheel
Silent hill (the whole series)

I have never played Resident evil before but I loved the alone
in the dark series on PC.

Last edited:
anyone ever played martian gothic unification. i originally found about it while i was waiting for the release of gothic 2. its a 'survival horror' game but in space. i've played all the resident evils except 4, first 2 dino crisis's and alone in the dark 3,4 but this game has a unique feel to it. its got a well done story and mostly good voice acting. the controls are a bit akward but the uniqueness of this game makes it a wonderful experience that has more 'adventure' gameplay than other 'survival horror' games. its available on both pc and ps so you might want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom