Starting Crysis

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've had a few bucks to waste on a gift coupon and decided to finally buy Crysis.

I will be playing at a 1680*1050 on 22" TFT with a Radeon 6850. The rest of the PC should be fast enough.

Should I play on highest details? Of course I want it to look as good as possible on the given resources.

Are there any mods I should download? I doubt I'll be making more than one run through the game.

I've never heard of any mods for Crysis, but I can't think of any reason to mod that game anyways.

Seems like you should be ok with highest details at that resolution. http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6850-6870-review/19

I'd probably leave anti-aliasing off though, or at least don't go higher than x2.

*Edit* After taking another look at those graphs, I think you might want to start with "high" settings first. The "Gamer" mode in Crysis: Warhead is equal to high in the original Crysis, and "Enthusiast" mode is equal to very high.

Last edited:
Thanks. Are there any patches?

There are a lot of mods for Crysis but nothing you want to change the main campaign, it's just add-on stuff. New missions and modes, which mostly all suck.

Back
Top Bottom