The Legend Of Heroes - Release Date Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
XSEED Games has finally announced the release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is July 29th. The game will be available on Steam and GOG.

Hailed as one of the largest, longest and most meticulously detailed turn-based JRPG series of all time, this first chapter in the ongoing Trails saga sets the stage for what's quickly become Ys developer Nihon Falcom's most popular and best-selling franchise in their entire 30+ year history.
Thanks Joxer for the news tip.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Yea, the word is that the game is very good. I've never heard about it before (and now I'm not kidding like I usually do when I say that), its a few years old game that's being ported onto PC.
So if anyone played it, please provide some details on the design.

If it's not just another annoying grinder with impossible to save the game anywhere, I'll buy it instantly.

I've not played it so can't comment on the game; the video made it seemed extremely low resolution. I think i'll follow it for a week or two and see if it ends up being very good. I don't play very man jrpg (2 I think). I have last remanment and will try it soon (maybe between wastland and pillars) the two I played were on andriod tablet and my biggest complaint is mid-way they turn into senseless (boring) grind. At least the grind in KB games is not boring.

last remanment
I didn't nor would ever buy that game.

[EDIT]
Some news from tweets:
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu

Is it just a cashgrab or the port on PC was worked hard on:

Every major feature from the PSP version will be implemented at launch, save for the Monster Guide, which will be implemented shortly after.

the battle voices (English VO), New Game+, Retry offset, extra PSP portraits and more are all in the PC version now.

There are also some changes to the text, like certain terms have changed and there are tweaks to major dialogue from the PSP version.

But only PC version, PSN version won't have this "enhancement":

That is completely, 110% impossible, since we'd have to patch it AND we'd need Falcom's help to do that.

Did it go Bioware political correctness?

was anything done to remove the homophobia from this scene? https://t.co/XNRRa78P9a

@smoochbot I can't remember if any of those lines specifically were adjusted, but if it was accurate enough to the Japanese, no.

we won't remove something that's actually part of the original game, especially for moral reasons.

In any case preorder ain't possible.
The price will be $20 (-15% off) for the first 5 days after the release.

Last edited:
What is so bad about last remanment; I purchased it because people said it was good and cheap during sale but havne't played yet. Also that video you link is horribly low resolution. I worry that this game will be unplayable on my large monitor.

Please help me... trying to find the classifications of RPG:
aRPG - I assume is action RPG
jRPG - I thought wa junior for teenagers or something perhaps?
cRPG - ???Combat RPG - ??? Not sure

Is there any other classifications? Also stumps me these acronyms

Please help me… trying to find the classifications of RPG:
aRPG - I assume is action RPG
jRPG - I thought wa junior for teenagers or something perhaps?
cRPG - ???Combat RPG - ??? Not sure

Is there any other classifications? Also stumps me these acronyms
Well let me answer your first three question first.

ARPG - Action RPG
JRPG - Japanese RRG
CRPG - Computer RPG

Here are some more examples.

Roguelike - Dungeon Crawl Games
MMORPG- Massive Multiplayer Online RPG
TRPG/SRPG - Tactical RPGs

Then we have the hybrid or crossovers genres I wont list as I don't have the time to list them all. We also have new categories from the last few years.

Here is a Wiki link with more information.

Link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game

You can also check out one of our members CRPG Analyzer.

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1061254692&postcount=367

Adventure-RPG: the main emphasis of the game are on Exploring and Story, less on Character Development
Rogue-like: the main emphasis of the game are on Exploring and Character Development, less on Story. Often features permanent death if a character dies and random generated levels.
Hack & Slash: many enemies, most of them easy to kill, respawning of enemies, much loot
J-RPG: Manga Style graphics, turn based combat, Eastern style CRPG
W-RPG: Western style CRPG
MMORPG: Many players are questing simultaneously online
Puzzle-RPG: the game's main emphasis are puzzles
Non-Combat: the game features no combat
Action: the combat is real time without pause
Strategic: additional troop (not your party) management available
Tactical: the game puts an emphasis on player tactical skill over character skill, often multiple squads (party splitting) are possible
Sneaker: combat is possible, avoiding it with stealth is better
Thief-like: combat is possible, avoiding it with stealth is better, thief-skills are essential (lock picking, ambush, hiding, sneaking,…)
Shooter: combat is mostly ranged and requires hand eye coordination and reflexes from the player
Sandbox: open environment where a lot of content is organized around simulation rather than story
Dungeon Crawler: closed environment where a lot of content is organized around dungeon interaction (traps, levers, buttons, teleports, riddles…) rather than story.

Last edited:
Thanks for that… very extensive! Sorry I posted another thread… After posting this one I thought there might be a better place to post!
No problem I just gave you a polite warning. Nothing to worry about really.:)

Yea, the word is that the game is very good. I've never heard about it before (and now I'm not kidding like I usually do when I say that), its a few years old game that's being ported onto PC.
So if anyone played it, please provide some details on the design.

If it's not just another annoying grinder with impossible to save the game anywhere, I'll buy it instantly.

It was actually released on PC first (2004 in Japan), but Xseed are porting their translation of the PSP version, along with all the extra features from that version, and support for modern widescreen resolutions.

I didn't have to grind at all when I played it, and you can save anywhere. There aren't any random encounters, and enemies are usually fairly easy to avoid.

The setting of this game is quite detail and interesting.The world is beautiful and full of wander.
But it also have some drawback like any JRPG.I don't like some story-line in this game and some character just feel too native.
Above all i recommend anyone to give it a try.

I didn't have to grind at all when I played it, and you can save anywhere. There aren't any random encounters, and enemies are usually fairly easy to avoid.
With that you've persuaded me. I'll buy. On GOG ofc. :D

It's out.
Bought it on GOG.
$17 for the first week (yes, dollars, not euros on GOG).

ak98qo.jpg

What is so bad about last remanment; I purchased it because people said it was good and cheap during sale but havne't played yet. Also that video you link is horribly low resolution. I worry that this game will be unplayable on my large monitor.

Not much wrong with Last Remnant, I loved it (I think I wrote a mini-review post back then but not sure), in summary, it was a great game, with only problem for me being that you didn't have full control of each character's actions, but that's explainable since in the later stages of the game you would have like 5 squads of 4 characters each in a battle.

Back
Top Bottom