Gothic 3 RPGWatch Wiki awaiting contributions!

Alright then!

1) If I, for example, put "PageXYZ" into the category "Quests", which is a subcategory of "Gothic 3", would I also have to separately put "PageXYZ" into the "Gothic 3" category too, or is it automatically there, because "Quests" is?

2) Do people agree in general with my suggested categorization? If so, I'll go and start making 'em all.

3) I forgot. :p

Hey, this sounds a bit nicer already. It seems WikkaWiki has some other features that I didn't know about. ;) It's true that Wikipedia can do the [[This is a page]] => This_is_a_page thing and that threw me off as well, I guess. I find it more intuitive, because I'm used to it, but WikkaWiki's way works, too.

Alright then!

1) If I, for example, put "PageXYZ" into the category "Quests", which is a subcategory of "Gothic 3", would I also have to separately put "PageXYZ" into the "Gothic 3" category too, or is it automatically there, because "Quests" is?
I think this is done automatically.
We should start all category names with "G3" though. Otherwise it might become problematic to add categories for Gothic and G2 later. Most users will only add pages, not categories. Page names should be descriptive but they don´t need to include the game.

2) Do people agree in general with my suggested categorization? If so, I'll go and start making 'em all.
We should discuss this. I was thinking about skipping the walkthrough. The other site has solutions for all quests and it´s searchable for faction boni. Maybe our time is better spent elsewhere.

Aye, I agree, it'd be best if categry names started with G3 regardless - it's hardly a big problem.

I agree, a walkthrough shouldn't be a first priority perhaps, but it's still important. Heck, there's not that much stuff to list otherwise. What do you suggested gets done first, then? I was also thinking, it'd be good to have lists on all the ways to get +Atributes, but that'd likely have to wait 'till quests are done, hm?

I think this is done automatically.
We should start all category names with "G3" though.

You mean rename "CategoryGothic3" to "CategoryG3" or are you talking about other categories?

About pages automatically getting added to the category:
This is not the case, at least not for existing pages.

/edit: you have to add the mentioned line
Code:
----
CategoryGothic3
manually for all pages it's not automatically added when you make a new subpage in a page that's in the category.

You mean rename "CategoryGothic3" to "CategoryG3" or are you talking about other categories?
About other categories. Or how would you separate the G3, the G2, the NotR and the Gothic walkthrough (or cheats or whatever else) from each other or even from NWN 2?

About pages automatically getting added to the category:
This is not the case, at least not for existing pages.

/edit: you have to add the mentioned line
Code:
----
CategoryGothic3
manually for all pages it's not automatically added when you make a new subpage in a page that's in the category.

You misunderstood the question. ;)
I think every page must be manually sorted into (at least) one category or sub-category.

another little update, hopefully more members will follow.
I've made screens from several armors.

If you want to add more, find a (orc) throne. This way you can easily make a screen from the front.

Okay, I´m back. Thanks to everybody who added something while I was busy with other things. :)

How many (sub)categories shall we have? Only on the 2nd level or more like 5 to 10?

Should we create a single page for every quest or sort them into the locations ?

Any info on how to get Anti-Aliasing working would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gorath gotten any inside info from PB on the AA issue? Is the next patch going to enable AA, perhaps?

I've added a guide to playing a mage. It focusses on the part until you get Mana Regeneration.

I visited the Wiki, to find the comments on some pages flooded with spam, with the record being 1266 comments (Well, at least 3 of them are real comments).

Now I totally agree with the Skynet theory!!!

I suggest that we 'close' the wiki -> I mean adjustable by a limited number of people. Some of you know that I'd like to help to get a sort of 'GothicWatch (as compared to GothicDot). I see Gorath as a supervisor for a small team of people willing to work on this, but not with a real time pressure (it's not a newseditorjob)

I will add some new stuff to the wiki as soon as the big patch has arrived.
It's pretty worthless to document everything now only to find out that the little values change with the new patch.

Whether or not it's part of GothicWatch, doesn't really matter to me.

Not sure if you want to limit who can add to it, (I doubt I will ever have any good input), but perhaps authorizing a group of people to prune out spam and or useless info would be good.

The site and the additions so far look great guys.

Once the new patch is out, I'll be doing a very thorough game of the "dark side" of Gothic 3 (Beliar all the way pretty much), so I can probably fill out quite a bit during that playthrough.

I suggest (if that's what you mean) creating the Gothic news page in the wiki and telling us about it. We can then freely add news to it if someone finds something out. ;)

The spam is really bad, though. I just put back an older version of a page that was entirely replaced with spam.

Okay, thanks. Now we need an anonymous user to try it.

Back
Top Bottom