The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I know the feeling; my bard and rogue are getting no love or playing time at all right now, but who knows, Peter might get a 5th char where he'll need our lowbies to keep him alive!! :)

It's obvious y'all haven't missed me. I know corwin is being his painful old self. Just keep a stiff upper lip there CM. I have no idea when i be back as my 'puter blew a gasket. Hope y'all having fun without me **sigh**. :p

It's obvious y'all haven't missed me. I know corwin is being his painful old self. Just keep a stiff upper lip there CM. I have no idea when i be back as my 'puter blew a gasket. Hope y'all having fun without me **sigh**. :p

Hey Jo, we did miss ya, especially when running Shadow Knight, on hard, with no Rogue. Rachail does not much care for being used to set off traps! :p We kinda figured it was the computer finally giving up the ghost.

I find it amusing that Peter suggested Tom buy a 5th slot, when he doesn't want to so he can play with the lower level guild characters without causing a massive xp penalty. :p However, he does want to TR and run the same low level content nearly twice as long to level. :D

Technically, we didn't kill anything, however we did send a large number of already dead critters back to rest for you Tom. We ran Necro 2 to flag Corwin's Wiz for Shadow Crypt, all on Elite save Shadow Knight, which has a ton of traps. Maybe I need to bring Fireflash up to speed, so we can have a trap monkey without sacrificing the dps role Rachail can bring in.

BTW, I have a Shocking Burst Greataxe of something or another, and a Flaming Burst Short Sword I'm holding if either of y'all want them.

I only died once today and that was when Cm and I got swamped with Undead while everyone else was off playing somewhere while Cm and I had to make like Horatio and hold the bridge. Peter managed to die in a trap (what else is new :) ). So, you didn't really miss much!! :D

Oh, and I made level 12 with my Wiz!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you could have stayed at the far end of the bridge rather than try to run across too. Especially since Peter was with me, and I had the Cleric hireling, meaning you had no healing whatsoever.

Then again, I think Peter should have remained with you two instead, as I could have gone with just my hireling and done fine. Had he, then y'all would have been able to move on just fine.

The traps were unavoidable, which is why we needed Jo. I was surprised we didn't have more deaths in Shadow Knight, running on hard without a Rogue.

Gah! I still need to make that Necro series run with Wouldii. Necro 1 is level 5 (IIRC) and I'm going to be running it with a level 10, but I want that @%^@$#% Silver Flame necklace. I was running Keeper's Sanctuary a couple nights ago (fun quest, but low XP and lousy loot) and the final boss kept hitting me with slay living. Wants me that necklace!

Sorry about yer rig, Jo.

Hey Jo, so sorry your rig exploded, but to be honest I was hoping that was the only thing keeping you missing. At that can be fixed in time. We have all been missing and worried about you. And I don't mean your roque skills. hehe

Glad you got to pop in and let us know what was happening. Hope you can sort it out soon, but we understand. Poke your head in here when you can.

P.S. We do miss your rogue skills as well. ;)

@ Dte: We are going to try to hook up today about 7pm my time to do the necro stuff again. We all have need on a few characters.

Well, you could have stayed at the far end of the bridge rather than try to run across too. Especially since Peter was with me, and I had the Cleric hireling, meaning you had no healing whatsoever.

Then again, I think Peter should have remained with you two instead, as I could have gone with just my hireling and done fine. Had he, then y'all would have been able to move on just fine.

The traps were unavoidable, which is why we needed Jo. I was surprised we didn't have more deaths in Shadow Knight, running on hard without a Rogue.

I don't think Rachail would have survived all those monsters without my cleric who could spam heal and destroy the undead with turn attempts. We had a rough time destroying all these monsters before we reached the bridge. All had been fine if they hadn't activated the monsters at the bridge. We could then have moved together to the bridge to be rejoined. But we learn by mistake. :) Still, you're never guaranteed to avoid deaths in DDO, especially on elite. My cleric noticed that the hard way on a timed trap. Usually I'm poor at timing when to moving when spikes pop up from the floor and side.

Gah! I still need to make that Necro series run with Wouldii. Necro 1 is level 5 (IIRC) and I'm going to be running it with a level 10, but I want that @%^@$#% Silver Flame necklace. I was running Keeper's Sanctuary a couple nights ago (fun quest, but low XP and lousy loot) and the final boss kept hitting me with slay living. Wants me that necklace!

Sorry about yer rig, Jo.

My level 13 paladin can easily help you with the Necro 2 quests so you also get the necro 2 boost to your silver flame necklace.

If you ignore the XP from the quest then I can run Necro 1 with you using my cleric. We can breeze through all 5 modules in a very short time. We need hirelings for one of them since we need to stand on 4 different platforms to open the doors.

Necro 2 can easily be done on hard / elite with good XP. I think we earned more than 25k XP each for the first 4 parts of Necro 2 with my level 13 cleric in the group. As long as you're max 3 levels below the highest level one you won't get an XP hit from below lower level.

If you would like XP for Necro 1 too then I propose you join Don, CM and Corwin with their low level ones. They also need to get the necro trinket boosts. I think you can do Necro 1 with CM's level 7 rogue and Corwin's level 7 bard. Don has a low level character too, e. g. a Favored Soul. So I propose you just contact people you see online on skype when you want to play DDO.

I find it amusing that Peter suggested Tom buy a 5th slot, when he doesn't want to so he can play with the lower level guild characters without causing a massive xp penalty. :p However, he does want to TR and run the same low level content nearly twice as long to level. :D

I did that in case he wanted to make the new half orc and not wanted to scrap his level 8 dwarf fighter. Is it possible to make a greater reincarnation where you get a chance to change class, race etc.? Then he could turn his dwarf fighter into a half-orc fighter.

I'm a bit tired of doing all the low level quests because I've run then to death with my 4 existing characters. I prefer to play mid level quests and eventually high level quests. I've stopped pug'ing (mostly) and only play during the weekends with the guild. There are so many quests to play so I can't select them all to get to level 20. Instead of spreading my effort into a lot of different characters I focus on playing the 4 I have. I only enjoy playing cleric and paladins so there is no need to make yet another cleric to play the same quests again to get to level 8 or so. Soon I expect my lowest level characters (13) to catch my highest level characters (16). Then I can spread my playing on 4 different ones.

My long term plan is to get one of each up to level 20 and then make a total reincarnation. Then I get lots of nice boosts I can use to become really powerful at level 1 again. Then I can get the reincarnated ones up to level 8 or so and play with your low level characters or guildies you play rarely like T.

But I still have a way to go before I get to level 20. So I to eventually have 2 characters around level 15 and 2 that will be able to reincarnate into new level 1 characters. If we had run out of quests to play then I would have rushed this development, but since we have so many more mid level quests to play I don't see the need. We have barely touched Giant Hold and only done some of the Desert quests. So there is a lot more quests to play.

I won't be there today until quite late when most of you are heading to bed. If you play very late then I can join you. Cm, I bought some boots of FF for my casters. Prices on the AH ranged from 1k to 100k plat. I got some with tumbling 5 for 5k. Check it out.

I think we should give the Carnival series a spin with our lower level chars. The quests are fun and different. I think Peter should create a little squishy caster to join us!! :)

I don't think Rachail would have survived all those monsters without my cleric who could spam heal and destroy the undead with turn attempts. We had a rough time destroying all these monsters before we reached the bridge. All had been fine if they hadn't activated the monsters at the bridge. We could then have moved together to the bridge to be rejoined. But we learn by mistake. :) Still, you're never guaranteed to avoid deaths in DDO, especially on elite. My cleric noticed that the hard way on a timed trap. Usually I'm poor at timing when to moving when spikes pop up from the floor and side.

I disagree. There was only one area that I had to run into, with about 10-15 wraiths of various types. I could have gathered them around, spammed Divine Light, which has been doing 40-50 to all undead within range, and the finished off the stragglers. It would have taken longer, but I'd have gotten through it; I'm not squishy at 300hp, and able to self heal quickly. The thing is that they never did hurt me much through the entire chain, not even on elite. The spiders bothered me the most, but wraiths rarely do unless named.

As you would have been with them, I would have never needed to actually reach the bridge, we would have met in the middle somewhere, probably closer to where I was as it would have been slower that way.

dteowner said:

I can run it with you on a number of lower levels. Mureall's done it already, as has Suisaidh and Ijii. Fireflash needs to run it though I think. But all of them can use XP, I think. Ijii and Suisaidh can heal to an extent (not wand whipping), particularly Ijii. If I can get enough action points, you may even have some DR to go with Ijii, as I respecced into Warchanter, but lack the AP to finish it out. Level 6-7 is tough if you want to fit a PrE in and not give up other useful things.

Peter you might try Favored Soul when you TR. They fill the Cleric role well, trading spells known for number of spell points and a few nifty other things. It is the only class where you have two casting stats though; you need WIS for the spell DCs, and CHA 10+1/spell level to cast the spells. You can actually dump CHA on pretty much any FvS build, just put it to 12 or so to start. Enhancements and items will push it up pretty quickly. For casting FvS, you want max WIS, for melee, WIS can be dumped.

Since there's not many must-have Cleric spells, the lack of spells known is not a real detriment. It's the same issue as the Sorcerer; only at a couple of levels do they not have everything they may want to have. For everything else, there's Firewall. Level 6 is the big one, as you want BB, Heal, and MCMW, as well as wanting Banishment, Res, etc.

It would be something different without pulling you out of your preferred role. Actually, if you go way out there, build a Warforged FvS Favored of the Lord of Blades. They're a viable DPS class, with practically unmatched self healing and buffing, though limited CC/offensive casting abilities. They get the Greatsword feat free, and get a couple bonuses to using it, which stacks with WF Great Weapon Aptitude, have WF immunities, and still have more SP than a cleric. That build can actually replace both Cleric and FvS.

I ran with one once, on my Monk. They not only solo healed several elite quests, but remained up front constantly, matching every full melee'r in kills. I'd never had as smooth a run in anything before that run.

Last edited:
*U7 Updates*

Nerfs:

Paladin Knight of the Chalice apparently has been nerfed. Unconfirmed, and unknown what it is exactly that was nerfed.

Dark Monk Touch of Death now negative energy rather than piercing, fort save for half damage, unusable against constructs and undead, and no longer has an apparent (never seen, can't confirm it could actually happen) chance for a 3-5x ToD proc. In other words, Monks' main DPS option, which barely stood up to a geared melee's lucky double crit, is gone. Suisaidh is probably going to returning to retirement.

Monk/Kensai builds, despite Kensai being designed for use with a Monk MC, are now nerfed into uselessness. Unconfirmed.

Summary:

Not as hard-hitting as U5, but still bad for Monks, who already lost a good 20%-40% of their DPS due to the TWF nerf (depending on how far in the TWF feat chain you were in). This will make two characters effectively retired permanently. I may be running salvage on their equipment soon if so.

Spell Changes:

Summon Monster: All Summon Monster spells now have a pop up menu, with three different choices per spell. Summon Monster VII, for example, offers a Huge Earth Elemental or Dijinni as an alternative to the useless Efreeti.

Summon Nature's Ally, however, does not get this upgrade. Granted, it's useless as by the time you get it you've outleveled the spell. Druids will change the relative usefulness, and hopefully will get the upgrade that the SM line does at the same time.

Unfortunately, some of the creatures are bugged. SMIV has an Ice Mephit, who can summon a hostile Ice Mephit. SM V's Umbral Worg, if it actually stays in combat long enough to kill anything, can cause another Umbral to appear, which is hostile. Otherwise, an outstanding addition, especially for those of us who like keeping a summons around to take damage for us.

PRE: Archmage

Archmage, as shown, is very, VERY expensive. It can cost up to 5 feats, and a large chunk of AP, to use. Bare minimum, it costs 3 feats and 12 AP.And that's with only one Spell Like Ability (SLA). Tier 5 SLAs cost 375sp(!) to get those spells as SLAs. Most lines have limited use; I can see taking Illusion to tier 3 to get an essentially free Blur and a cheap Displacement, or taking Evocation to 3 for 1sp MM/ 6sp CM combos.

Enchantment is the best one by far, with a 1sp Hypnotize (large group CC, I've found it very effective, and some claim it works heightened even in Epic content). Abjuration has to be taken to tier 4 for Stoneskin, Resist Energy at T2, but it's not bad.

The Arcane Blast/Burst abilities are useless. Unlike the SLAs, they don't get free metamagics, or metamagics at all.

Currently the SLAs are effected by metamagics at no cost. So Corwin could chain cast MM/CM as SLAs, full Empower and Maximize, and only spend 1/6sp a pop. However, already there are rumblings that it's "too much" so expect that to change quickly.

For the cost/benefits, to me the main benefit would be in taking the main lines only, getting boosted save DCs and some 275sp. And quite frankly, you could save the AP, and grab all the +SP enhancements and get a good chunk of that. Most SLAs are not particularly useful, or even if they are, are so expensive that it's cheaper to cast them regularly. Only Displacement and Haste are really good here.

Store:

You can now buy a difficulty unlock for hard or elite modes. 95tp. Expensive and pointless.

New spells added: Gust of Wind, Call Lightning Storm, Cyclonic Blast

At level 10, Wouldii isn't going to get XP for running Necro 1 anyway. I just need to get thru that 1 quest. Then I can solo my way thru Bloody Crypt and most of Necro 2. Eventually, I'll be stuck again on that multi-player quest in the Necro 2 series (Shadow Lord?), but that will be a little ways down the road. I just hate being stuck.

Wouldii ran all of Tangles on hard for favor and then decided to run Delera on hard as well. Got to the second quest and remembered it required a hireling to get thru. @^@*#$%&)

I ran Deleras on hard with my Monk as well, but I partially pugged it; I put up a LFM, and went in. Got some pikers, but at least the two wizards caught up and opened the door after trying to figure out such a "difficult puzzle". The cleric who joined never bothered coming up to join the rest of us, and just made snide comments in chat. I dropped group, and soloed the last two parts. And still didn't get the handwraps.

Post here, and we'll organize a get together for it. It won't take long, and if you're not worried about xp, then it doesn't matter who runs in with you; I can bring my Paladin and a hireling and solo one half, and you can take the other with a hireling.

Shadow Lord will require two people.

*More U7 Stuff*

Inventory UI updates:

The Inventory has been refreshed, with two tabs now; the paper-doll and the list tabs. You can now mark items as trash, and sell them in one click later.

Auction House Updates:

New search function, a refresh in the same line as the inventory refresh, and a reorg of the item lists so that they'll be easier to find.

Another thing of note: One of the issues stated with Druids is shape-changing was causing problems with the existing engine. Two of the new summons? Can change shape.

Last edited:
I'm already spec'd for Archmage once it becomes available. I'll just need the AP's. I only need one enhancement upgrade to meet everything needed for level 3.

Bard Virtuoso II PrE is changed, due to being underwhelming.

Bard Virtuoso II
Benefit: Your further studies into song have granted you another +2 bonus to your Diplomacy, Listen, and Perform skills, for a total of +4 to each. You also gain 2 more extra uses of Bardic Music per rest for a total of 5, and the ability to extend the duration of your beneficial songs by an additional 10% for a total of 20%. You can now expend a use of Bardic Music to apply a temporary fast-healing effect to all nearby allies. Your uses of Bardic Music regenerate over time at a rate of 1 every 5 minutes. You may possess only one prestige enhancement line at a time for each class.

Virt now looks good for a healing Bard, with regenerating songs and a HP-regen song.

Hmmm.....I don't think that's what we resec'd my bard to is it? Been so long since I played it, I've forgotten!! :)

Back
Top Bottom