Anthony Davis does Blood Bowl @ rpgcodex

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I know there are some Warhammer fans about so this maybe of interest to you.

bloodbowl401_screen.jpg

Last edited:
BTW you don't have to be a fan of Warhammer to like Blood Bowl. Due to the developmental nature of the teams (your players get XP... I mean star player points, and when you reach a threshhold you gain a new skill) and the turn based nature of the game I suspect it's quite appealing even to players who doesn't like Football. Or even sport. I know that because at least half the pepole in my local blood bowl league (consisting of an entire FIVE pepole!) isn't really into sport.

Übereil

I held both the collector's edition and the normal edition in my hands yesterday.
Cost: I think 56 Euros and something between 40-50 Euros, respectively (didn't quite memorize the prices).

Currently there are other games higher on my list, though.

I know there are some Warhammer fans about so this maybe of interest to you.

Awsome Woges, thanks for the link even though I'm late to the party here. It seems like all the images have been deleted, well most of them anyways.

Can't wait for this game to be released in Taiwan. I didn't even realize it was out yet. Thought it had a few more months to stew before release. :)

Edit: Nevermind it can be bought and downloaded at the homepage. Much faster than waiting for it to come here which usually takes a month or so after the initial release.

Last edited:
I think the LP was popular so he over stepped the photobucket dl limit. It's sold quite well, I've heard, so it is coming out in the UK in sept (I think). There are a couple of LPs going on at the codex now, but I think you'll appreciate this one Skaven. Although you can just play it yourself now.

Awesome LP! Of course those little guys win every time even if they have to cheat:devilish:

I still don't have it yet. Have to wait a few days to use a credit card. If I buy a gallon of milk it maxes out my credit card:mad: You guys think you have it tough with the credit crunch over there, wait until you're a foriegner and every single bank is afraid that you'll max out your card and split town. Even if you've been here for many many many years now.

Anyways, little credit card rant over with. This looks soo good. I was never a big bloodbowl player, but still played a few games and enjoyed the heck out of it. It's nice to see these little guys getting so much attention lately(at least in computer games). First Mark of Chaos had them as a playable race and now BLood Bowl. It sorta makes up for Games Workshop not updating anything Skaven related in years. It's always those silly elves, humans or orcs that get all the love in the hobby world.

I'm glad to hear it's selling well. That means even more Warhammer related products might be on the way :) They have a great RPG like game called Mordheim that would be perfect for a computer game or even Necromunda, though that is Warhammer 40k.

I really didn't think it was going to sell that well because of the unusually high price. They were taking a chance by selling it for $49. I thought only insane fans like myself would be willing to dish out an extra 9 bucks over the usual 40. It seems it's just that good though.

Just buy the download from their homepage then. It's at $49 us :) and if I'm able to pay that price living over here, I'm sure you'll be able to as well.

Odd, I live in Taiwan and it still posts it in US dollars. Huh, I guess they track from where your at to set their amount.

Ok I've ordered it (Thank god for Moms and their credit cards :)) But I just wanted to give the heads up on anyone who wants to buy this game online. It seems to take an unusually long time to get the confirmation and download link email after you purchase the game.

This isn't my first online purchase and it's a little funny that the little indy guys have better online purchase companys than the big boys. For Eschalon it took 1 hour, Omega Syndrome 1 hour 30 minutes, Armageddon Empires 30 minutes, Depths of peril was the shortest I think it was almost instantanous or hardly anytime at all, the same goes with Jeff's games. Most of them at least sent an email saying they know you're alive and just wait for the second email for the download link.

This one however I've been waiting for 4 hours now. I looked at Blood Bowl's forums and this isn't unusual. Some of them waited over 48 hours. It seems that bugging they purchase company with emails is the best way to go even though they never send anything like, hold on for up to 48 hours while the transaction processes, or something to indicate that they're doing something.

Ok over 12 hours now and nada, nuthin, the big zip, not one email saying anything. Don't they know not to screw around with warhammer fanatics? We aren't exactly the most stable bunch on the planet:D

They definatly need schoolin from the masters of downloadable content. I wonder if Jeff Vogel is availble for tutoring.

Back
Top Bottom