Witcher 2 Anyone using their Witcher 1 save?

The Witcher 2
I thought I had sided with the Order since I had chosen them all but one time throughout the game, but deciding not to take sides in the big fight in ch4 made all my prior choices moot.
Yeah, the neutral path is always opened regardless of choices made prior to that fight, but afaik you´re always locked out of possibility to side with one of the factions which depends on the choice made during the bank incident.

Yeah, the neutral path is always opened regardless of choices made prior to that fight, but afaik you´re always locked out of possibility to side with one of the factions which depends on the choice made during the bank incident.
Yes! The "big event" offers you two choices, one of them being the neutral one. The third choice is unavailable due to your previous decisions. So this talk about "an event making all your previous choices moot" is simply false.

So if you aid the Squirells at the bank you can't side with the Order after that? Period? And vice versa? That I didn't know. So essentially you have three choices up to the bank robbery and then it's narrowed down to two, but depending on your decision at the bank one of those two remaining choices will be different. Interesting.

So if you aid the Squirells at the bank you can't side with the Order after that? Period? And vice versa? That I didn't know. So essentially you have three choices up to the bank robbery and then it's narrowed down to two, but depending on your decision at the bank one of those two remaining choices will be different. Interesting.

I didn't know that either, and I don't recall it happening like that during my first playthrough. I'll have to keep that in mind when I replay it.

Edit- Here's a link to a complete decision checklist for TW1 if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I do remember not be able do some order related stuff after to have help the squirells. Like a quest helping Order not possible anymore, or a merchant non available anymore. I also remember dialog with the squirells clearly explaining a graduate involvement and warn me that at some point I couldn't make backward decisions from this point, meaning it was possible before.

TW2 cheapens TW1 as the best armour and weapons in the first installement are top notch upstart gear but are quickly outdated by some regular gear.

They should have let the player start with exceptional gear and withdraw it from him as the opportunities show. Probably a lack of resources.

TW2 cheapens TW1 as the best armour and weapons in the first installement are top notch upstart gear but are quickly outdated by some regular gear.

They should have let the player start with exceptional gear and withdraw it from him as the opportunities show. Probably a lack of resources.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I don't have a problem with it though. They have to give you a feeling of accomplishing something as you progress, and giving you gear with better stats is one way of doing that. And it's escalation... This game is supposed to be Geralt's greatest challenge, so hypothetically, the armor he used to defeat Salamandra is not adequate for this new adventure.

Still provides continuity troubles.

In chapter 2, the gear found on regular soldiers are twice the best gear of TW1.

It goes beyond Salamandra to encompass the whole gameworld. Drowners were dispatched by the best silver sword in TW1 while now they resist gear twice as good.

It scales everything up or down.

Back
Top Bottom