Diablo 3 stress test to start in ~3 hours time.

They've capped the amount of people able to log in, so you'll likely receive an error until they increase it a bit.

Welp, got in... first reaction: omg, the graphics are so bland - they design this to run on the Sega Genesis or something? :blush:

Last edited:
Welp, got in… first reaction: omg, the graphics are so bland - they design this to run on the Sega Genesis or something? :blush:

Thanks for your updates and look forward to your future feedback on the beta.

I guess they limited the graphics features so that they can make sure it runs on a variety of hardware configurations, and to not cause any network lag when it comes to network play/operations.

Played a monk to level 8 with a friend. The game, for what it is, is ok. It's basically just a restylized D2 with ZOOM! ZAM! effects. It lacks pretty much any innovation whatsoever; in fact, I keep trying to rotate or zoom in the camera to no avail.

I'll likely play a lot more this weekend, mainly to get a better feel for the game and decide, once and for all, if I'm going to bother with the retail purchase.

The beta is only about an hour long and mostly just covers the tutorial area. I wouldn't think that it would be something worth playing extensively.

For the record I find some of the changes to be fairly innovative, in fact I think that if it fails it will be because of taking too many chances and slaughtering too many of the sacred cows of ARPGs.

Played a monk to level 8 with a friend. The game, for what it is, is ok. It's basically just a restylized D2 with ZOOM! ZAM! effects. It lacks pretty much any innovation whatsoever; in fact, I keep trying to rotate or zoom in the camera to no avail.

I'll likely play a lot more this weekend, mainly to get a better feel for the game and decide, once and for all, if I'm going to bother with the retail purchase.

I actually like the graphics. As for not being able to move the camera, i think that saves the graphics engine power so that more people can play it. I dont think i can play it on anythign other than "elective mode" where i can choose what i like to what buttons.

I like the game play a lot, but it is a tad more actiony than i would like. Play with atleast 4 players to enjoy this game i think. I really like the customisation from what i saw of the skills. Definite buy for me.

But then again i have wierd tastes.

The rage from people not being able to log onto servers at release and therefore be unable to play their single player game will be delicious.

no picking of skills, no distribution of stats. magical attacks gaining bonuses from high damages meaning gandalf wielding great axes of 20 dps will do more dmg than gandalf with a staff with 5 dps.

I'm sorry man. I'm just confused with the direction of the game. They're really gravitating towards World of Warcraft here. Even then, WoW had talent trees. This game doesn't seem to have much in the way of customization. Killed any hype. I'm just gonna give it a pass.

magical attacks gaining bonuses from high damages meaning gandalf wielding great axes of 20 dps will do more dmg than gandalf with a staff with 5 dps.

How'd you know my sorcerer was named Graxedalf!?

Back
Top Bottom