Diablo III

codename47

Watcher
Hi there!

Diablo III was released recently, and I've noticed that Blizzard (again) doesn't give a damn about its customers. They knew exactly that their game was going to be popular and they had no excuse not to prepare better with their servers. Even if you paid full price for the game, you couldn't log in. Many people found this frustrating and unacceptable. As far as I know they had server problems with previous games, I thought they have learned from that.

Another issue were bugs, I guess. Could someone clarify?

As for me, I'm waiting for a price drop and future patches. Because there are going to be patches coming out eventually. Diablo II is at v1.13, if I recall correctly.

Yeah they did have a rough launch. And yeah they should have been prepared for what was one of the largest game launches. But it's pretty much fixed now from my perspective. And the game is great gameplay-wise.

Story-wise, I'm still in chapter 1, but I was a bit disappointed by some of their story development choices. They could have done them a lot better.

Aside from that the game is amazing. And addictive as hell. I was up last night, trying to fight tiredness and trying to keep my eyes from closing shut from the lack of sleep I experienced the previous night. It's gonna be hard pulling long-nighters until the game is done. But it's fun as hell.

I really don't want to judge until I've played it myself. I've just heard that a group of Koreans finished the game in 6 hours. Is that a good indicator of the game's length?

I expected this "rough launch". I really expected it. Too many people were buying it.

I really don't want to judge until I've played it myself. I've just heard that a group of Koreans finished the game in 6 hours. Is that a good indicator of the game's length?

If you play at quick pace but do all the quests , explore the maps ..etc
Gameplay is around 20+ hours.

But this is actually just 1/4 of the game , setting you at lvl 20 from 60

Your next step is to beat it on higher difficulty. Until ultimate "Inferno" that even Diablo play testers could not beat.

Now before you say you are playing same game 4 times. Know that the game is build around that. No gameplay is same twice (random quests+monsters+maps) and last two difficulties are almost impossible single player.

I know Blizzard are major dicks. And Kotick should burn, but they do make damn good games. And Diablo 3 should be banned - its actually that addictive :p

Installed the game an hour ago, and unable to log-in the US server due to maintenance. Tried Asian server - failed, very busy. Tried also the Europe's server, no dice as well :/

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth buying for the single-player campaign alone.

Seems that some korean players managed to finish the game in 6 hours. Singleplayer of course and on easy setting.
If you ask me… That's not worth 60$ just to enjoy the singleplayer part.

Seems that some korean players managed to finish the game in 6 hours.

That really doesn't mean anything. You can finish Morrowind in less time than that. There will always be people who race through games just for the sake of doing it.. that doesn't make the game less worthwhile.

To me, that's not humorous at all, but instead very serious. And yes,

5 Reasons 'Diablo III' Represents Gaming's Annoying Future

I believe that this article's title is dead right.

It's just too bad that the model we've had to resort to in order to prevent piracy, is exactly the model that's killing the genre of PC gaming. Oh, wait, did I say just "PC gaming"? I meant "all video games."

I believe that's true. D3 is a glimpse into the future.

LoL, ditto!! Mock the older style games all ya want, but at least I can play them =p
D3 can wait till Christmas or something, maybe it'll be functional then.

-Carn

That text on cracked.com is probably the best review of Diablo3 we'll ever see.

And actually some things can apply to many games, especially games with gamestopper bugs. Like this one:

Sixty-four dollars is as much as some people make in an entire day. For them, handing that over to play a video game is not a minor event. All they want in return is to use the product they just fucking paid for. If any other company in the world sold you a product that didn't work, and then refused to hand over some sort of compensation in return, you wouldn't even need a lawyer. The judge would tell them straight up, "Give them a working product, or give them their money back, or go to fucking jail." But for whatever reason, the video game industry gets away with this now? Every time they have a problem with their servers, I can't play the game I already bought? In an era when people carry their entire music library around with them on their phones, I have less ownership and control of my video games than I had in 1979?

It's simple.

ActiBlizzard has power now.

Fuelled by its fans.

Why would you do that with a game you're not even that interested in? I don't see price as an excuse for piracy.

Because $65 is too much, especially for a game that requires connectivity to servers to play in singleplayer mode, and doesn't really offer that much new. At least with Skyrim, you could turn that shit off. Don't see that option here. It will be a long time before I would do this though, so maybe the game and my plans will change then.

Back
Top Bottom