Majesty II

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Here's some details and a video of the still-cooking Majesty 2. Heroes partying, enhancements like gaining new classes and skills, so far sounds good to me.

While not much, at least it's confirmation that it's indeed in the works!

So, the re-release of Majesty a few months ago here in Germany is maybe a kind of marketing thing ? To a) remind the people of the old game, b) get additional money fopr the development process and c) prepare the people for the new game - "look, a new Majesty !" ( ;) ) "I liked it, so I'll buy the second game" ?

A new update!

tho not much there. The archers in baseball caps this worries me a little, i sure hope they dont do the "time travel" thing and mix modern w/ old, that really - really turns me off. They could really screw up the game pulling that song and dance.

Stick w/ the original concept, just update the graphics and add some new features plz

"We've all spent a good deal of time playing both games and the key challenge for us so far has been to ensure we design a multiplayer game with good balance. The first part was designed with a focus on the single-player campaign."

Crap. This went from the top of my list to "wait and see" in 2 sentences. Screw MP!

No.. no, those are definetly green baseball caps, not Robin Hood hats - his hats have a different shape. Hopefully, they're aiming for Robin Hood hats though. Still quite some time till release. :)

Bright day
They stated in the interview, that they truly are baseball bats. A kind of inside joke... shucks.

I tried installing Majesty 1 on my XP system the other day, and it completely refused to install. I'm a bit annoyed, because I installed and ran the game off the same disks (base + expansion) not very long ago.

Thanks for the demo heads-up. I'm still terribly disappointed at the MP focus, but perhaps there's enough single player game to make it worth playing.

I tried installing Majesty 1 on my XP system the other day, and it completely refused to install. I'm a bit annoyed, because I installed and ran the game off the same disks (base + expansion) not very long ago.

Could it be that there are still some entries in the registry and other remains left ?

Good article. Makes it sound like they aren't pushing MP like the press release claimed. That would make me very happy.

woah! finally something substantive to sink my teeth into on Majesty II, good one DT.

Lots of gameplay footage and details from e3 interview!

Pretty cool, eh? I poked around the forums and the developer and publisher are both saying September at this point. Bring it on!

The multiplayer emphasis isn't front and center anymore, so that's a good thing. I just hope they don't drop the random scenerio generator, which I haven't heard mentioned yet.

That's strange, I just installed it like a few weeks ago in my XP system. It did have other problems (like, mouse not 'clicking' at the initial screen and general sluggishness) that I solved by removing the MP3 music files from the music folder.

Back
Top Bottom