Dungeon Siege 3 - Hands-on Preview @ G4TV

Looking forward to this. Anything that Obsidian touches is ... well, silver, so I'm expecting some greedy fun.

Looked like there was one shot in there of two people playing on the same screen.

Will this really have couch co-op? I hadn't heard that. Might need to get this for xbox, I'm always on the look-out for a good action RPG to play with the wife...

One of the design goals seem to have been to create a good "couch co-op" as you put it where a buddy can jump right into the game with you.

This kinda gives me a Sacred/Titan Quest vibe, so it's not high on my radar. Action rpgs are kinda like leftovers to me. I'll eat them, but I'd much rather have a fresh meal. I'm an anti-social gamer, so co-op isn't going to make me break out my wallet. They haven't showed anything yet that yells deep crpg.

Obsidian could release a game called "This Game Sucks" and I would still buy it.

Ok, I found a few more details.

There's this article from co-optimus.com, which makes multiplayer sound like Fable (which sucked):

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5428/dungeon-siege-3-co-op-details-release-date-screenshots-and-video.html

But in the comments of that article is a link to a Destructoid article that sounds a bit better:

http://www.destructoid.com/obsidian-explains-dungeon-siege-iii-co-op-shenanigans-195120.phtml

Basically your MP characters will be separate from your SP characters, and the game's progress will be based off one "main" character. Probably workable if all of your playtime is done with a friend or family member.

Sorry, I know most here don't care about multiplayer, but couch co-op RPGs actually allow me to enjoy my favorite hobby with my family, but they've become so rare I stopped looking for them. Champions of Norrath was the last good one, and that was years ago. Oh, and I guess Borderlands (which we've enjoyed immensely), but I still think of that as a shooter with cool loot.

This kinda gives me a Sacred/Titan Quest vibe, so it's not high on my radar. Action rpgs are kinda like leftovers to me. I'll eat them, but I'd much rather have a fresh meal. I'm an anti-social gamer, so co-op isn't going to make me break out my wallet. They haven't showed anything yet that yells deep crpg.

Its and Action RPG so it isn't deep by definition. :D

Yes, but it is an Obsidian action-crpg so there is some small smattering of hope for something a little deeper. Ego Draconis is an action rpg but it was much better than Sacred/TQ as far as story goes.

I will need a demo before buying it…Gamersgate have the game in pre-order at $45, but the DRM read as "Require a 3rd party download and account" WTF?

Edit: It's probably Steamworks, but still....

I will need a demo before buying it…Gamersgate have the game in pre-order at $45, but the DRM read as "Require a 3rd party download and account" WTF?

Edit: It's probably Steamworks, but still….

Yeah, it's Steamworks. Everything Square/Enix is, as is everything from 2K Games and THQ.

Back
Top Bottom